Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Wilson

MH721 Cutting Problem. Any Help Greatly Appreciated

I just bought my plotter this past week so I am very new to this. I am having a problem where the plotter will cut out the same line over and over again. It doesn't do it every time but when it does, it messed up the entire graphic. The vinyl will start to pull up and tear and when i weed it, it's leaving small strips of vinyl because it's cutting the same line so many times. I am using SCAL PRO off my macbook pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

As stated on USCutter ads,  The MH cutters are not compatible with Macs,  Put it on a Windows PC and you should be fine.

The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

As stated on USCutter ads,  The MH cutters are not compatible with Macs,  Put it on a Windows PC and you should be fine.

The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

Then why do they make drivers, cut software, and plug-ins for mac?

Then why do they make drivers, cut software, and plug-ins for mac?

The older MH series cutters, could be ran on a MAC,  the newer version  MH  MK2  is not mac compatible, according to what UScutter has posted on their ads..

If you need full details, then contact a tech at UScutter support.

im not sure if i have the older or newer version of this cutter but I've been using it on a mac since day 1. had some issues at the beginning but got it worked out and its been fine ever since.

with that said i don't think your issue is the computer because mine wouldn't cut anything at all when i had problems.

what i think the problem is that you took a image off the web and used the auto trace or auto vector feature and it has multiple layers that its cutting that are layered on top of each other.

if you were to right click the image and break it apart i bet you'll see the different layers all together and they just need to be deleted accordingly. 

I was going to say the same thing as egobuster1... check the files you're cutting and make sure there aren't duplicate layers being cut

I also think I remember reading from other members that scalp has a multi cut feature that gets clicked and must be unselected - might check for that 

im not sure if i have the older or newer version of this cutter but I've been using it on a mac since day 1. had some issues at the beginning but got it worked out and its been fine ever since.

with that said i don't think your issue is the computer because mine wouldn't cut anything at all when i had problems.

what i think the problem is that you took a image off the web and used the auto trace or auto vector feature and it has multiple layers that its cutting that are layered on top of each other.

if you were to right click the image and break it apart i bet you'll see the different layers all together and they just need to be deleted accordingly. 

I was going to say the same thing as egobuster1... check the files you're cutting and make sure there aren't duplicate layers being cut

I've been using my mac since I got it last week and this is the only problem I am having, and like I said it is not a constant one. It only happens every now and then. I thought about that being a possibility. I thought that using the merge command would combine all of those paths into one

I also think I remember reading from other members that scalp has a multi cut feature that gets clicked and must be unselected - might check for that 

Where would that option be?

will have to wait for a scalp user - I know I read it in several threads though, the evaluation version is limited to a small canvas to it wasn't very usable for my purposes (hence evaluation - it is the one right before pro came out)

The multi cut is is the window that opens when you select cut

yeah multi cut option is in the window where you select cut.

when you merge a file it just smashes them all together so thats probably your problem that there are to many layers and its cutting over them multiple times.