Ravenwind / One Off Grafx

New sign just sent out today

Had a local lady wanting a sign for her new store.  It is 12' x 4' or basically one 4 x 8 piece of sign-a-bond. Took maybe 5 hours to finish. Can't wait to get a shop to do them in, spring  i'm thinking spring.

If any of you feel like dropping what you would charge  for something like this  I would really appreciate it. I charged 350 out the door. Yes yes i do know that is cheap but i have 2 other sign stores to deal with  and i'm hitting them hard.

post-19735-0-23452800-1382582530_thumb.j

• Like 2

Great looking sign and I think you did well on the price.

• Like 1

I figured 4x8 lower and 4x12 higher and since you did it in 1 pc. of cbond you're right in the middle of my 2 prices. Very nice sign.

• Like 1

You're amazed? Try being on the losing end of that equation. I cry every time somebody posts a price 4-5 times what I can get. All I can say is congrats. and I'll be accepting donations for the Poor Signmakers of America. PM for instructions of how to contribute. It was worth a try.

• Like 3

lol, well keep in mind that it costs way more to live here than it does in most other parts of the country. For instance in property taxes alone I pay $13,000.00 per year for a small home on a postage stamp size piece of property. Also the proximity to NYC helps, lots of billion dollar corporations around here. 

Not to be critical,   but the Moose spacing looks to be a little off and could have been centered better and  a little higher so it didn't flow into the letter  as does the  the G & the Y .   If your competing with other shops that might make a difference...

Can't help you with price as I don't do huge signs like that, still looks good, like I said I might be a little critical...

• Like 1

lol, well keep in mind that it costs way more to live here than it does in most other parts of the country. For instance in property taxes alone I pay $13,000.00 per year for a small home on a postage stamp size piece of property. Also the proximity to NYC helps, lots of billion dollar corporations around here. 

House taxes were less than $300 last year. Gas was $3.07 a gallon this morning. Guess lower pricing even out.

Not bad at all. For around here, thats about a decent price. Small town here. 

yea property taxes around here for a standard 1 or 2 acre country, is about 1300-1600 a year. give or take. 

I would love to do a large job like that. 

My property tax was about $300.00 for 3.5 lots and improvements on the property where i live but this year turning 65 i will be exempt now because of our homestead act. Older people and disabled are exempt from property tax. We will still be taxed on our other properties. In comparison our house in Virginia on a tiny lot and small house is almost $900.00 .

I just got deed in my name this year and we have homestead for primary residence. Doesn't eliminate taxes but damn close and age isn't a factor. I need to get down to the county building and do the paperwork.

House taxes were less than $300 last year. Gas was $3.07 a gallon this morning. Guess lower pricing even out.

Our gas is still at $3.47 we were in Roanoke this past week and gas was below 3.00 most places as low as 2.83 but Virginia lowered the gas tax ... But raised other fuel tax and some other taxes.

In West Virginia we have 6 percent sales tax but no tax on food. And our tax on gas is .34 plus the .18 federal tax makes it .52 per gallon.

When I moved here it was 6% but on food too then they went to 7% but not m0re food tax. Car sales tax is 5% and has a $500 cap so no matter how much the vehicles cost you never pay over $500 sales tax.

Our fuel tax is 35.2 cents so all in all we're pretty close on taxes.

Our fuel tax is 35.2 cents so all in all we're pretty close on taxes.

That is the thing i have checked gas taxes is several states close to us and have similar tax on gas but our prices are always higher the cartel they call it omega set the prices in the state and blame it on logistics and not having a pipeline in the state

• Like 1

You're amazed? Try being on the losing end of that equation. I cry every time somebody posts a price 4-5 times what I can get. All I can say is congrats. and I'll be accepting donations for the Poor Signmakers of America. PM for instructions of how to contribute. It was worth a try.

I would make a donation but i'm broke  lol may need to get a draw after you get donations. :)

Not to be critical,   but the Moose spacing looks to be a little off and could have been centered better and  a little higher so it didn't flow into the letter  as does the  the G & the Y .   If your competing with other shops that might make a difference...

Can't help you with price as I don't do huge signs like that, still looks good, like I said I might be a little critical...

The lady wanted it even bigger than that. LOL   yeah might have moved it over a bit  but in the program it was centered. Good eye though

I have never been there but my son drives up from virginia quite often they make sure they have plenty of supplies before they get up there. He said the price in the convience stores are almost double from Roanoke Va.

It's easy to set a low price when you have no overhead (shop rent, etc.) I have learned setting prices seems to be the hardest part of the business for me, lol. I have noticed that a larger shop near me have adopted my prices on shirts... so I must be doing something good.

• Like 1

Looks good. I would have charged around  $550-600 with additional for install.

Personally, I think $350 is fair. I mean you use a quality substrate (no rust, no decomposition, no repaint), you probably used decent vinyls...... You did a good job pricing it, although it always depends on where you are located. I mean in New York City, this is probably a $550-$600 sign. In bumf**** North Dakota it might be a $200 job. (No hard feelings, if you live in North Dakota.)

Overall great job, neat corners, high quality materials, fair price & MOST IMPORTANTLY, LOW OVERHEAD!

• Like 1