Sign in to follow this  
SpotlessMike

Hello from the UK

Hi all,

Recently brought my first cutter.  Its a 3rd (atleast) hand *edited - found the forum, only just twigged its part of a bigger site* that has given me a nice steep learning curve so far.

The plan is for vinyl stencils but other options and ideas keep appearing/popping up/into my head so the worlds for the taking and all that.

I figured i should join here as it was mostly thanks to old forum posts on here that i was able to set it up (last owner couldnt get it working and gave up after seeming to fiddle with everything).
-changed out the blade
-sorted out the blade/cutting height
-found out how to do a test cut

-cut my first word ('Awesome' haha)
... the list is a little longer but im boring myself here.

Anyway cheers for the help so far

.... and cheers for any help in the future!

• Like 1

Welcome from Georgia (US). Where at in the UK? I have quite a bit of family there.

• Like 1

Cheers for all the welcomes!

Im from Worcester in the midlands (home of 'the Sauce')
It about 20 minutes south of Birmingham, luckily i dont sound to much like Ozzy!

• Like 1

The UK is pretty nice it, just needs dragging round past France down to the south of Spain somewhere so its a bit warmer.

Worcester is a rural type of city (if thats possible?!) so as far as city life goes its rather quiet but its a nice enough place to live.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome from West Virginia USA . This forum has helped many people including my self......thanks us cutter and members...there is a wealth of information for the learning. When i first decided to get into vinyl cutting i did not have a clue i joined this forum started reading and learning so by the time i bought my cutter when it arrived it was about 30 minutes from unbox to first cut( i had already downloaded signblazer ) by the way i like how ozzy talks LOL

• Like 1

Cheers for the welcomes!

Im only dabbling at the moment with this as a sort of hobby (launched a business back at the start of the summer but its a quiet spell now the weathers closed in for it) so havent put the effort into learning all i should have before diving into this ... plenty of reading and playing to be done but so far this is definitely my vinyl home.

The UK is pretty nice it, just needs dragging round past France down to the south of Spain somewhere so its a bit warmer.

Worcester is a rural type of city (if thats possible?!) so as far as city life goes its rather quiet but its a nice enough place to live.

I'd agree with that Mike!!!!!   Fellow Brit here, and cold! lol   I'm over here in Norfolk :-)