Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

waste management service

Something they don't spread around much till you are ready to leave - pay for a year at a time and save 33 percent - for me saved $100. after I was ready to leave after a rate hike and non pick up of a pool liner.

I only have the option to pay once a year and it is included in my yearly property taxes. I only get once a week pick up though.

Our service is private and weekly pickup. When we lived in Roanoke Va. It was the city and included in your water and sewer bill. Here I have to take any large items to the county landfill at $42.50 per ton of weight if I have one item on the truck it cost a minium of $10.00

• Like 1

When I left NY 9 years ago landfill was $60 a ton, probably double that by now. We have transfer stations to dumpster unless you hire a private hauler. Msny people around me still burn trash out back of their houses.

Our service is private and weekly pickup. When we lived in Roanoke Va. It was the city and included in your water and sewer bill. Here I have to take any large items to the county landfill at $42.50 per ton of weight if I have one item on the truck it cost a minium of $10.00

Here it is $57 per ton and $14.25 minimum load.

Also, if you have a large item for pickup, you have to call and let them know as a different truck handles bulky items.

I worked at the Landfill for 2.5 years and listened to complaint calls every day from people who didn't know the rules.

we pay quarterly, about $30, with weekly pick up and "extra" pick up at beginning of each month. Their supplied cans and when they were switching our pick up day due to expanding area, they were nice enough to call us a week in advance to let us know.

I'm told it's even less expensive if you place your trash out next to the neighbor's can without getting caught. Uh ok... am I busted? Actually our county landfill allows up to three 39gal bags of trash (one trip only) per residence without charge per week.

Here it is $57 per ton and $14.25 minimum load.

Also, if you have a large item for pickup, you have to call and let them know as a different truck handles bulky items.

I worked at the Landfill for 2.5 years and listened to complaint calls every day from people who didn't know the rules.

When I was still doing roofing people didnt like the disposal prices but roofing weight adds up fast and with 2 or more layers the disposal price could be quite high. Most every thing I do now the disposal is just absorbed in to the hard cost. Any aluminum signs I take down I recycle. When we did the american power co. signs I had a couple thousand dollars in scrap aluminum from the signs we took down and at that time aluminum was only 20 some cents a pound. We used to burn in a barrel back in the sixtys and had very little to go to the dump. When we were on the farm we had a hole about 4x8x12 that we put trash in which was only a few metal cans and maybe a breken jar or two.

And it never got full enough to fill in in all the years we lived there. It shows we are a throw away society now

• Like 2

wish ours was as cheap as all of those . . . .  before this it was $75 for 3 months service  now at $50

wish ours was as cheap as all of those . . . .  before this it was $75 for 3 months service  now at $50

Ours is $18.88 per month plus a variable fuel surcharge so about $56.00 for three months

Dan, that is part of what the yearly did away with was the fuel surcharge - the competing company doesn't charge that at all

Dan, that is part of what the yearly did away with was the fuel surcharge - the competing company doesn't charge that at all

That is on a lot of things here now because of the drastic changes in fuel cost. After the oil companys saw hey we can screw the hell out of the consumers during Katrinia and after now every time oil and fuel starts to decline in price there is an excuse to raise the prices back up. There has been wars in the middel east since before Jesus walked the earth and will continue so I dont see the threat of conflict causing a big up heavel.

• Like 1