Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

just a rant

I just had to spend $122 to overnight a $75 order because I took order over the phone yesterday for 36 shirts to have siser put on them but somewhere along the lines nobody mentioned the shirts were 100% nylon and you have to use easyweed extra. Still can't wrap my head around that shipping, had a cutter overnighted from Washington warehouse a few years ago and it was comparable shipping to this 10 yd. roll of easyweed extra.

Want some of my old cotton under-roos..they make pleasent short t-shirt look-alikes...No charge shipping..will send'em as a gift...

Thanks for the offer Petro but I think I'll pass this time. Scott, believe me I looked and nobody had it in the extra. Checked Grimco for the Thermoflex equivalent and it would of had to come from MO. It happens but that doesn't make it hurt any less. Maybe there will be jar of vaseline in the package to make it easier to bear.

If Memphis was any close it might have been cheaper to drive there myself. 

Who did you buy it from? Sounds like they gouged you because they could.

Nothing like working for nothing.  I just had the same issue on a small order.  But their need for a rush didn't constitute my need for rushing and paying crazy charges.  Why does everybody wait til the last minute to get things done?  Drives me nuts.  So are you making anything or going in the hole on this order ?    

well hopefully you told the customer that they have to pay the shipping. Or are you covering it because you didn't discuss the materials?

I'm eating this one because the shirt material wasn't discussed and that's not their fault. However to be honest I didn't take the order because I was out on a job but a nameless person (thanks mom) didn't get the vital info when they called it in. It is as much a matter of my good name as anything else that i made the call to eat the job and have 36 happy kids be able to wear their football uniforms this weekend. Oh and I still made a profit... 80 cents per shirt.

• Like 2

And the company where I ended up getting it i can't complain because nobody else could do it in the time I needed and the shipping is what it is. So thank you USCUTTER for helping me make some happy childhood memories.

• Like 2

And the company where I ended up getting it i can't complain because nobody else could do it in the time I needed and the shipping is what it is. So thank you USCUTTER for helping me make some happy childhood memories.

I do almost anything to make the child happy now days..

i do alot of walk shirts and almost give them at cost for a good reason... for the kids!

but mine are screen printed !

Like donating my time.. :)

Waiting for material to come in on Fedex this afternoon so I can start this mess and Fedex doesn't usually show up until 4:30 so I have from then until tomorrow afternoon to get the job done along with the other stuff that needs going around her. Work for yourself. Set your own hours. Make lots of money. Oh the freedom of self employment...

I have never since starting doing shirts ever done nylon so I've never had a reason to stock it. Had I known about it being nylon when they ordered I wouldn't of had to rush it. Human error.

Fedex just got here and I told the guy how much the shipping was and he kinda went pale. Opened the box and somebody forgot my courtesy vaseline.

• Like 1

Customer supplied shirt so 1. I didn't make money on the shirts and 2. I wasn't prepared to gamble on regular siser with their shirts. If they were mine I would have known they were nylon ahead of time to stock the easyweed extra and I would have been willing to try regular siser knowing I could get a replacement shirt if needed. Got to press the in 3 steps, got the team name done before we closed today and tomorrow I have to do the player # front and back. The want them sometime after lunch so it should be an interesting morning. I'll post pics when done.

You don't do the name and number together on one sheet for the back?  I have done it both ways.  Saves vinyl if you do them separately, but things not lining up scares me.  Just curious.

Not one thing on these shirts is consistent for alignment. I think when the company sold their seconds these were what wouldn't pass for seconds. Because of the material saving we normally press the numbers seperate and in this job it save around 5 yds. of siser.

Hope they like them. They didn't even want to take the time for design approval, said they would take whatever I came up with.

• Like 1

They were happy both with the design and the fact that we handled it in a time crunch. Turns out they ordered shirts already numbered for another team a week before they ordered the blanks and they still don't have an eta in the printed ones. I think we'll be doing them next year.

• Like 1

Looks good. Is that the stuff you had a thread about before with the crazy next day shipping price? If so how was it to work with? I have a few similar orders hopefully coming soon.

Sounds like you got a return customer for sure. Thats how I locked down a few like that. Busted my butt to get their stuff done in a crunch and since have placed multiple orders with me and are placing more.