I have not been doint this type of stuff for very long. My wife is wanting me to start doing alot of fall craft shows with her. I am wanting to know what do most of yall use to display your graphics and etc. Don't wanna have and ugly display.. Any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated.. Just trying to get some ideas.

The way I see most people display decals is to put up some banners and cover them with your decal designs and put small numbers, or filenames, next to each design so people can tell you which one they want.  I've also seen people that use Coroplast panels or foamboard panels and covered them with decals.  I've even seen one vendor with a wooden booth and they covered the outside of their booth with decals with little numbers next to each one.

I have a large metal easel that holds two boards, one corkboard and one magnetic whiteboard.  I put examples of decals on the corkboard and use the whiteboard portion to display magnets and other items, as well as write messages on.  I don't go to shows with 12,000 different decals ready made for sale, I usually take 15-20 different designs themed around that event/sale and then take orders for custom work, and I can fit those designs onto one or both boards.

• Like 1

When doing craft / events and taking custom orders,,, Do you normally charge for Freight, or do you include enough in the price and offer Free Shipping,,,  :huh: Thanks

I figure shipping into my quoted cost, unless it's something large, in which case I separate it out.

At the last show I did, I sold an order for 100 custom refrigerator magnets - I gave them the price per item with the quantity discount plus $7 for S&H.   I sold a 6' banner order and quoted them my 6' banner price plus $7 S&H.  I told both customers they were welcome to drive over and pick them up and save themselves the $7, but as they were both for businesses located 100+ miles away from me, they recognized that the $7 S&H was a better deal.  As I recall, Priority mail for both packages were $6.80 each, so I made $0.20 in "handling" charges.

For the people with single decal orders, I quoted them a single price which included my normal decal price plus postage, an envelope and a piece of cardstock to keep it straight, so basically increased my regular prices by $1.50 to cover the shipping expense.   If anyone had ordered a decal too big to fit in a standard manila envelope, then I would have had to added more to the price, but no one wanted anything that big.

When doing craft / events and taking custom orders,,, Do you normally charge for Freight, or do you include enough in the price and offer Free Shipping,,,   :huh: Thanks

I do a LOT of online sales to car clubs, etc.. I always ship for free, because most of the time its a stamp.. However the occasional large item comes in, and a tube is required.. If you quote, say $20- for a job, and say add $5 for shipping.. all they hear is...  add.. shipping.. Versus, you say, 25- and Free Shipping, all they hear is Free Shipping.. Nobody likes to think they are paying for shipping.. It may sound crazy.. but its the truth.. Once they hear Free.. The Rest Is Not Important..

Here is a pic from my first set up at a craft show. I have done a few more at our church and basically set up the same way. Usually I only clear $2-300 for a one day event but with all the work involved its not my favorite way to make money. I only do this once or twice a year now.

post-11601-0-84915300-1377806035_thumb.j

• Like 1

I like the pvc pipe for the banners. This business is so competitive I was squinting trying to read the prices on your banner but alas I gave up. How is the pvc set up at the floor?

• Like 1

Jaybird,

The base of the banner stands are made from the down post, I went into a 'T' and then 2 equal size pieces going out from there. You can sort of see one on the smaller stand infront of my Graphtec, behind it. I made it with 3 legs and its plenty sturdy. To simplifiy pricing at these events I charge $1 per liner inch on the longest side of the decal. As you know its hard to price in general but this makes it easy for people on the fly to get an idea. For 'stick figures' which is a HUGE seller at these events I charge $3 per person/animal/etc.

• Like 1

Dollar an inch is how I generally do it too. Was thinking you used a tee put just wasn't positive. Thanks for the info.

I have a few coroplast signs set up outside my trailer and then I have 2 bound books with ALL my graphics in them with file names.  I do about 10 craft fairs a year and work out of an air conditioned trailer where I also have a small 24in signmax cutter.  I take orders there money and tell them come back in 30 mintues,  Sometimes it does get crazy with custom order that I have to design on the fly.  Have actually had 2 guys last year have me take a picture of there tats and turn them into vinyl decals took about an hour. 

Another way to do a base for a set up like that would be 5 Gal buckets with a hole in lid cut to diameter of the pvc and sand inside. Would save a little floor room if needed. Granted would be heavier to take in and out but if floor space is an issue it would work