busterbay

Newbie Cutting Issued Help Needed

I have a new USCutter SC 34" cutter & sure cut's a a lot pro and I seem to be having an issue. When it starts a cut and finishes a cut there is a small part that is still attached even if I use text.it's easily pulls away but my thought is it should be there. Sure cut's a lot has a setting for over cut so I turned that on and it didn't make a difference. 

I also added nodes and it didn't help the issue, can you tell me what could be causing it or is this normal ?

Wrong blade ?

Bad blade ?

Vinyl not tracking ?

Pressure wrong ? I had it set at 100 then bumped it to 150 still the same .

Vinyl issue ? I am using the GreenStar vinyl. 

Speed wrong ? I adjusted the cutting speed up and down from 400 to 800 still has the tags.

tags are kind of a nature for the value cutters with stepper motors - one cure is to use flexistarter and add to the overcut in production manager - makes it go just a little further at the end of the cut.  - many have had better results also after properly adjusting thier blades - take the blade out and drag it on the vinyl by hand until it just cuts thru the vinyl and leaves a score on the backing - reinstall the blade holder and adjust pressure as needed.  if you used the 1/2 credit card rule that is about 10 times too much blade exposure and actually makes your problem worse

If I run the blade by hand it cuts through however when I put it in the cutter it doesn't score the backing. Based on that that do I have the blade set too deep ?

Right now Flexi is not an option so I will see what we can do with what I have at hand.

Just checked some how my overcut in Sure Cuts alot 3 was set at 0 I will adjust it and see if it goes away.

If I run the blade by hand it cuts through however when I put it in the cutter it doesn't score the backing. Based on that that do I have the blade set too deep ?

Like Dakota said.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely be able to see the blade tip put of the blade holder.

I have a new USCutter SC 34" cutter & sure cut's a a lot pro and I seem to be having an issue. When it starts a cut and finishes a cut there is a small part that is still attached even if I use text.it's easily pulls away but my thought is it should be there. Sure cut's a lot has a setting for over cut so I turned that on and it didn't make a difference. 

I also added nodes and it didn't help the issue, can you tell me what could be causing it or is this normal ?

Wrong blade ?

Bad blade ?

Vinyl not tracking ?

Pressure wrong ? I had it set at 100 then bumped it to 150 still the same .

Vinyl issue ? I am using the GreenStar vinyl. 

Speed wrong ? I adjusted the cutting speed up and down from 400 to 800 still has the tags.

Highly suggest trying SignBlazerElements, instead of SCALpro.

If the issue disappears, then you know it's a software problem.

100-150 is high for pressure, I routinely use 12-15g on my SC.

As stated, set blade offset in cutting window. Also make sure you set to blade and not pen in cutting window

• Like 1

if it cuts thru the backing it is too deep - if it just scores the backing by hand then add pressure on the cutter.

I have found that 3 things in scalp will cause the tags. Blade offset, Set on pen and not blade and bad image. Even with text the first 2 can cause the tags not cut through. My pressure on my SC is usually between 12 and 15 for cutting adhesive vinyl. I run my speed only between 100 and 200 mostly. The stepper motor in the SC just doesnt do good cuts any faster in my experience.

• Like 1

monkey says: "I run my speed only between 100 and 200 mostly."

I've never run it below top speed 800.

Snail pace of 100? Really?

only way Im happy with 90% of the cuts. Anything more starts to look bad to me and I cant sell what I dont think cut good. Im overly critical, you can ask jaybird on that lol.

LOL letters are where I dont like the quality over 100. if I have text its 100. If just image, ill step it up to 200 sometimes 300.

Something is wrong with your cutter if you can't get letters to come out sharp at 800 top speed.

cuts everything else fine. Angles on letters arent good enough for me at faster. If its an angle on a design, it cuts smooth as silk. Letters it blows

cuts everything else fine. Angles on letters arent good enough for me at faster. If its an angle on a design, it cuts smooth as silk. Letters it blows

As I said, something is wrong then.

Slice, Monkey and I have spent at least a couple hours in pm and email including pictures and a lot of what he says about being picky is true which is why I see a Graphtec in his future. That being said the carriage is on track with nothing broken or cracked, using Cleancut blades and I've run his files on both of my cutters and I agree something is wrong with his but I'll be damned if either of us can figure it out and to be honest I've gotten pretty good at running down cutter gremlins after owning 6 of them. I'm already going bald so I had to give up as there was no more hair to pull out.

• Like 1

After reading alot of these posts i decided to cut some words out to see if my machine would do the same thing and of course it did.It was only on 2 letters. I have the SC cutter. Not sure why when i typed the letters in signblazer.

And you thought it was all in your head. At least you found that info and hopefully it'll get you straight.