Sign in to follow this  
ApeShirt

USCutter machine could not be found message

I'm getting the message "USCutter machine could not be found. Please make sure it is connected and turned on." The cable is connected. I've unpluged and plugged it back in also. I've reinstalled driver as well. Machine turns on but I can't cut. Any suggestions? I have the SC Plotter, SCAL 3 Pro and running Windows 7

Have you tried a different cable?    Make sure the com port number  matches in device manager and your cutting software.

I have the SC cutter and use SignBlazer and sometimes i have to check the settings to see what is check to make sure the usb option is selected

Don't you hate that when it happens?

I mean, sheesh, the machine is RIGHT THERE, sitting two feet away from the computer, how cannot it FIND the thing?

LOOK, there it is, are you BLIND??! You stupid computer!!!

• Like 2

Pretty funny Slice! Weird, on a whim I tried cutting today and it worked! Thank you for the input anyway :thumbsup:

Uh-oh, sounds like it's POTM dependent...

SCALP will do that if you have the wrong ComPort selected in the cut screen

Uh-oh, sounds like it's POTM dependent...

No idea what POTM is so I googled it. So, it could be a Power Point issue even if I don't have it?

I'm guessing phase of the moon meaning works when the stars are aligned. I may be wrong, actually I'm usually wrong but it sounds about  right.

• Like 1

And here is the problem with computer shorthand, there is no clear translations available. I'm always tempted to just throw out some random letters and leave everyone guessing ;D

• Like 1

I'm guessing phase of the moon meaning works when the stars are aligned. I may be wrong, actually I'm usually wrong but it sounds about  right.

Jaybird is correct.  When you have an intermittent issue with no correlation to anything else, computer techs call it a POTM (Phase of the moon) scenario.

It was either that or PEBKAC.

LOL. Ape you have the same set up as me. Just make sure you have the right com port selected and you should be fine. If you have the right port selected and still does it, check for bad cable or contact craftedge support.