coondogracing

Tailgate sign

Most of the time I am more critical about my work then other people but it can be hard to hear sometimes. I don't mention all the stuff I am thinking about work that is posted, usually the main issue or whatever might be helpful. I am the type of person that can get creatively frustrated so I try to also mention positive aspects while critiquing others. I don't think Rodger feels the same way but that's ok, I'm glad he is being honest.

If you don't want a critique don't post it.  

That is 100% correct.

No point in getting defensive when you ask opinion. Opinions were given, not their faults you didnt care for their opinion that you asked for

• Like 3

Really?  Calling someone's work "Horrendous", isn't rude?  Interesting.

I take that back :wub: , that was rude . He apolagized for saying it in the next sentence , so not really rude in my eyes , but I am not thin skinned :) . I read the whole thread , but didn't pay enough attention to that word . The decal is very pretty .

I'm not at all thin skinned... I just find rude, unnecessary.  Almost as unnecessary as condescension.   Does it hurt my feelings?  Not in the least. 

Most of the time I am more critical about my work then other people but it can be hard to hear sometimes. I don't mention all the stuff I am thinking about work that is posted, usually the main issue or whatever might be helpful. I am the type of person that can get creatively frustrated so I try to also mention positive aspects while critiquing others. I don't think Rodger feels the same way but that's ok, I'm glad he is being honest.

Hey Ted , No offense taken , but I am interested in how I come across to you :) . I am a jovial person and sensitive to people's feelings .

I'm not at all thin skinned... I just find rude, unnecessary.  Almost as unnecessary as condescension.   Does it hurt my feelings?  Not in the least. 

You read too much in my response . i did not mean to say you were thin skinned at all . i didn't even think about you considering it that way . Sorry about that . All I meant is that if someone said exactly what M500 said with the disclaimer in the next sentence to me , I would not take it offensive or rude at all . if the disclaimer was not said , yeah rude & offensive .

• Like 1

Before I knew the little that I know now about signage I used script on everything and tried to be artsy fartsy on every thing I had lettered . I also tried to fill up every inch I could . But since I have gained a slight knowledge I prefer the KISS method don't confuse anybody with too much information or too much bling it is not a tattoo you need to read it . And like I said the artwork was eye catching but just a little hard to read.

oh damn...  now I am gonna hafta go back and reread this whole danged thread  ;D

• Like 2

If nothing else we are an entertaining bunch of people.

Hmmmm

The printed word has no ability to see the glint of the eye, or the tone of voice..... It is a very harsh method of communication.
Even punctuation, and spelling can drastically change the message.

I did not take the comment as rude....  simply direct.  The word itself was harsh.... 

a different word would have conveyed the same thing but with much less sting.

Interesting phenomena this interweb thing is....  huh???

*ones perception is ones reality*

• Like 2

Hey guys after looking at the sign today I will have to agree that as far as the (correct sign 101) way of making signs, all of you are right. After about 40 feet you can't read it at all so your right it's not doing what a sign should do. Am I mad are my feelings hurt? No there not, no one has said anything that I didn't already know. In fact I found out what I wanted to find out. Will I be taking the sign off and redoing it? NoThe sign will do just what I wanted it to and it looks good on my truck. As sign makers you see the sign as being completely wrong in the way you make signs,and I respect that. A sign buyer on the other hand does not know,see or care about all the things a sign maker does.They'll just see it and say that looks good like all of you did. Just because a woman is a really good cook is probably not why she would get asked out.

• Like 1

Hey Ted , No offense taken , but I am interested in how I come across to you :) . I am a jovial person and sensitive to people's feelings .

You read too much in my response . i did not mean to say you were thin skinned at all . i didn't even think about you considering it that way . Sorry about that . All I meant is that if someone said exactly what Mr 500 said with the disclaimer in the next sentence to me , I would not take it offensive or rude at all . if the disclaimer was not said , yeah rude & offensive .

I probably did read too much into it!  The disclaimer, to me, doesn't make it "Ok", simply because that would be like saying "Hey, you're an A@@hole... Oh, but no offense".   :lol:

• Like 1

I probably did read too much into it!  The disclaimer, to me, doesn't make it "Ok", simply because that would be like saying "Hey, you're an A@@hole... Oh, but no offense".   :lol:

Me knowing M500 is a nice , cool guy and does not post rude stuff was most likely a factor in me not thinking it was rude . Just like sometimes the F word is the only word that conveys the emotion intended , some words have more distinct meanings & that is why I think it was said like that . Pretty , but not very readable at all . I have made plenty of stuff for myself & not replaced it until iI felt like for the same reasons as the OP . Maybe a distinct font underneath with a website etc would make it an effective sign also ??

Yes I quoted myself:

I don't think Rodger feels the same way but that's ok, I'm glad he is being honest.

Roger I mixed you up with M500, maybe if you posted in a large blue font I wouldn't mix you up with anyone else (sarcasm). I was talking about the horrendous comment. 

• Like 1

Roger I mixed you up with M500, maybe if you posted in a large blue font I wouldn't mix you up with anyone else (sarcasm). I was talking about the horrendous comment. 

Hey Ted , that is actually what I thought was going on :)

• Like 1