jfought

give me your price!

8' tall x 5' wide letter J with outline. And 4 triangles 10" tall x 48" long. With outline. All of this will be installed 60' in the air in the side of a tank.

Whats your price?

If I'm going 60' up in the air, $100,000,000 and not a penny less.

Seriously - I'm terrified of heights.

There are so many variables...

What equipment to get you up there? Rentals?

Is there a walkway around the tank to work off and can you get/use a ladder there?

From what little details you've provided, sound like no less than $450 (plus any equipment rentals)

However much you charge plus 20% cause I'm gonna sub to you. I used to be a roofer but the older I get the less I like heights.

They have the manlift! Around the tank is nothing but air. So I was thinking around 400.00

Actually was thinking more in the $600 range. A lot less competition to outprice on a job like that.

• Like 1

What material are you using? Also 1 piece (printed) or cut (or CC)? Is the tank spherical? 

Thats a bit over 60 sq ft material if printed, and the install would be upwards of $500 alone for me. 

Just think eve if it gets bubbles nobody is ever gonna see them from the ground. ;D

• Like 3

Just think eve if it gets bubbles nobody is ever gonna see them from the ground. ;D

There is always some jackalope with a zoom camera that will point them out. 

As long as he isn't the 1 writing the check.

I would have to go along with the gang, as it were. I would have to have around $600.00. Plus any prep time, and "other" services that were required.

Good Luck with it!

Id be in the $600 range too. The wind will give you a challenge that high up with that large of a graphic in one piece. It may seem calm on the ground but the higher you go the more wind you will have. I only go 30' up and that's usually with dimensional letters on store fronts.

• Like 1

Ya my current insurance caps me at something like 40' or 50' if I am correct. 

rent a helicopter and hang :D mine as well do it in STYLE!!!

me i love rollercoasters hate heights, 

hell if it was ATLEAST a water tower, i would love to do it!!

WOW i hope ya get a good deal.  

and pray there is no peeling :D

The height is nothing on a lift. I rented a lift for a job all I needed was 45 ft but all they had was a 80 ft lift . after I finished the job I decided to go up the total lenth for the hell of it I got about 50 -60 ft and my helper was about to crap his pants so I took him back down . And that is correct on the wind when you get up a ways the wind is stronger . I was painting and repairing the pulleys and ropes on a flag pole at the local VA Hospital the facilitys manager said it was 55 ft tall and the basket on the lift was actualy swaying some in the wind .

Been to the top of a 40 foot extension ladder many times... Thought that was exciting in my youth.

But it wasn't til I did some high boom work that I found out, It's the wind that puts the thrill in the Height! 

Ya my current insurance caps me at something like 40' or 50' if I am correct. 

My insurance wont cover me or anything or anyone for any damages or injuries if I go above 47 feet. Not exactly sure why the odd number though... I occasionally will take a job pushing 40 feet but don't like taking anything above 30.

I had a company in the city ask me to hang a dimensional between floors 6 & 7 and the only access was the roof were they had winches for the window washers to repel down. I would have had to repel almost two stories to hang a one piece sign aprox 8' by 4'. I told them I wasn't even going to quote a price bc I was afraid they'd accept it.   

Fortunately, I haven't been asked to do any high work in the last few years... I would probably turn it down.

As I get older it's easy to leave some thing for the younger folks.

Fortunately, I haven't been asked to do any high work in the last few years... I would probably turn it down.

As I get older it's easy to leave some thing for the younger folks.

I am an old fart 65 but it seems like the older I get the heights dont bother me as much ...cant die young any more lol. I am having a harder time with ladders now with the old joints but a lift or bucket truck is a piece of cake to me

• Like 2