DecalOriented

Some of my latest things I've done

Heres a few of my latest works.

First is a 120"x24" internally illuminated sign

2-4 are a dealership for a friends uncle

5 is a friends shop

6 is a guy who saw the window advert on my car and had some stuff done.

post-25184-0-57217100-1370149337_thumb.j

post-25184-0-18796800-1370149339_thumb.j

post-25184-0-95363100-1370149340_thumb.j

post-25184-0-43402200-1370149342_thumb.j

post-25184-0-78285300-1370149343_thumb.j

post-25184-0-99002500-1370149344_thumb.j

Nice stuff - what perf and lam did you use- I have used 3m in the past and have some from jsi I print on occationaly and am trying some from signworld on our camper . . .

Dakota- The window perf is a 3M IJ66 that I got from a local shop that had managed to purchase the wrong material(they have latex printers) and was stuck with it. Got a 50yd roll for $150! I was a little worried cause it was almost a year old but for that price I couldn't pass on it. I didn't laminate it due to the fact that it doesn't get hit by direct sunlight and the customer was on a strict budget with that job being a quick necessity for their new shop. I did the research and saw that it's not a mandatory thing to lam window perf. Once I get a laminator I'll be sure to sell everyone on laminating.

Ted - Thanks buddy, TAS kinda screwed me over in the end by not paying. I've thought of going there in the middle of the night ad removing all of it lol.

• Like 1

I used to work in an auto body shop and the guy I worked with would occasionally let people he knew make payments and let them take their car. I'll never forgot what he told them if they screwed around paying "I did that body and paint and I'll take it back with a baseball bat". Can't remember anybody stiffing him when he said that.

1 big run up the center with a razor would ruin his sign and his day. But I guarantee if you get caught you get cuffed. Don't ask how I know that but I just do. 

I knew a brick mason that put a sheet of glass blocking the flue of chimneys he built...

would come back to the job and drop a bunch of bricks down the chimney (breaking the glass) after he was paid to open it up for use.

I like the chimney deal, that's preplanning at it's best.

Yeah that is a bad deal, I haven't had anyone not pay me yet but I try to set myself up with some security of some sort. Most everything I do I require a deposit from 30% to 100% depending on what it is and who it is for. An easy one is if you have their car at your shop  B) but for a window job especially when you do it after hours is tricky. You could tell them if you don't pay I'm still sending you a bill and taking the vinyl down. Bill for cost of materials and a install / removal fee ha ha.

I've been very fortunate as well... only twice in my 27 years in business have I have a real  problem with payment.

Both incidences were with the same person... it was my sister-in-law!

I just always try and keep focused on doing the best job I can for them and I get paid.

oh hell yeh for that price I would have jumped on everthing they had!  so far I use frog juice on the perfs - I like it better on mine than the regular lam - can't see out when it rains but can see out better 90 percent of the time - I have seen some that were lamed that made me nausious to look out of

One of my first non-friend customers tried to stiff me last year for a Father's Day tile I made for her (my fault for not insisting on cash in advance, but she said she didn't get paid until after Father's Day).  After a month went by of excuses I sent her a message saying "I looked online and it's going to cost me $80 to file in small claims court before I can garnishee your wages for the $22 you owe me + court costs + filing fees.  Please pay the $22 by Friday before it escalates to much more" and what do you know, she suddenly came up with the cash. 

Yeah... it's not so hard to get a lien/garnishee, collecting is the problem.

I'm not too worried about them, they seem to be reaping what they've sown with other customers. I give them a year before they're out of business completely.

I had 1 come in Friday to pick up a dozen visors that he was supposed to pick up a couple weeks ago. Paid with card - - - DECLINED twice. Last I saw him he said he was going to the bank to find out where his money was.

Ya think Ted. And I was really starting to believe the bank stole his money. :lol: This is the first time I've had a card decline for a customer

Jaybird, I hope you got a deposit for at least enough to cover your materials!!! I require a minimum of 50%. That way, I at least have my material covered!

However, I have already ran into an issue that I HOPE don't wind up eatin my lunch for me! Customer comes in wanting shirts for a softball team. We were to order the shirts, because they wanted what we didn't stock (magine THAT!) My partner found the style shirts, and got approval. When the shirts came in, the sizes we ordered were exactly as the customer had requested, but EVERY one of them, was too small!

So, my partner told the customer that we would supply the labor to make it right, if they would supply the materials. Meaning that they would bring us the shirts, AND paying for the vinyl, and electricity. But, for some reason, I get the feeling that the customer isn't going to pay for the materials!

We will see how it works out!!!

No deposit be he's been a customer for 3 years and I'll get paid will just take a little longer than I wanted. Must still be at the bank because he hasn't called me yet. I'll give him til Monday and then we'll start calling him.

Oh, I was thinkin maybe "new" customer! I had a "friend" wait almost2 weeks, before picking his order up. I didn't get a deposit either, and was starting to get a bit nervous!!!