jaybyrd

hats

Makes me want to break down and buy a hat press... and order a pizza...

Looks really good!

Each employee got to pick their color combo. Screen printer can't touch that. I bought this press around Christmas and the more people find out I can do hats the busier I get with it and It's fast to do. Once I cut design or contour cut 3g opaque I make a quick eyeball alignment tape down with high temp tape just for safety and 15-30 seconds later repeat with next hat.

Jay

I made the top left hat with silver Siser to use for display but when the customer picked them up he had to have it. It looked like brushed chrome on the black hat.

Jay

I didn't look carefully at the title and thought this thread was about C ats.

Nevermind...

1332580359_cat-breeds.jpg?itok=qe9CxkVW

What kind of hat press do you have and have you been happy with it?

I didn't look carefully at the title and thought this thread was about C ats.

Nevermind...

1332580359_cat-breeds.jpg?itok=qe9CxkVW

What kind of C at press do you use?

It actually say HeatPress on it so China crap but it works awesome and I love it. Heats up fast and hats seem to fit pretty well on the platen. I use it for visor also but normally have to hold them where I want em until I close the press since it's not designed to clamp the limited area on the back of the visor. The logo on the hats is what we did for his backlit signs, menus, etc. He didn't want anything fancy just clean and easy to read. Been trying to get him to pony up on some shirts but no luck so far. The font kinda has a pizza feel to it and he loves it so who am I to question. Lately I've been messing around with 3g opaque shirt transfers contour cut for on hats and the results have been really good. Even did 1 with a photo memorial on it for a customer last week. Oh and I had to stop pressing cats after someone complained to the ASPCA. I was just trying to get their wrinkles out. :rolleyes:

Jay

If you want testament that not all China stuff is crap my 15x15 shirt press is on 10 hours a day, 5 days a week for 2 years and counting. This thing's like the Energizer bunny keeps going and going. Just takes forever to warm up and our walkins don't like to wait so I let her run all day.

Jay

I hae a china Hat press and a CHina 16X20 clamshell press and I have had the CLam press for 2 yrs on about 3 hrs a day sometimes more and its still as good as the day it arrived. As for the hat press it gets used not as much as I wish lol but it has tme settings, temp settings and like Jays it heats up real fast. Jay I like how organized your shelves look all bins

Yeah maybe I'll send you pics of the rest of the place then you'll say wow those bins over there are organized lol. Chaos is creativity in action. The bins are nice for keeping the humidity away from my dye-sub and t-shirt paper.

My Dye sub and tshirt papers are all sealed in their packages I should get bins thanks for that idea. Creativity you say hmm then I'm surrounded by Creativity lol

I'm drowning in it. Gonna rain all week so maybe I can do some organizing. I buy my dye-sub paper by the roll and keep some sheet size in the bin and cut odd lengths as needed.

I was thinking of doing the dye sub paper by the roll but with my printer only printing 8.5" it wouldnt be worth it or am I wrong? Maybe I need to get another WF 7510 lol. Suppose to get rain here to all week can finally get photos for the webpage done maybe. I just built a big softbox / photo cube to take them.

I use 8.5" roll but for car tags I cut a 14"pc. and if i'm just doing a couple dog tags maybe a 4" pc. so I'm not wasting all that paper. My Ricoh only does 8.5" wide and I may end up going to a larger format but for now it works great just gotta avoid the big stuff.

Jay

I use 8.5" roll but for car tags I cut a 14"pc. and if i'm just doing a couple dog tags maybe a 4" pc. so I'm not wasting all that paper. My Ricoh only does 8.5" wide and I may end up going to a larger format but for now it works great just gotta avoid the big stuff.

Jay

quit honestly about the only things I do on the bigger ricoh is throws and an occational big shirt .  hardly worth the extra money

I was messing with car flags the other day but I just did the smaller print and centered it. Came out looking good so for now that's what I'm doing. Running the new cutter this morning and so far everything is going good. Just need to figure out if there's an advance after cut type of feature.

Jay

Im looking to get a heat press too, one for shirts first then one for hats.....

Any good links out there??? Gotta be 110v regular household plugins etc...

In one thread it was suggested not to do hats because embroidery was the rage...lol...

If you have an Android phone, there is a Craigslist app that lets you set up search criteria and it will notify you as soon as someone posts an item for sale that matches.  I believe it's called Craigslist Notification (original, huh?).  That's how I found the two that I bought.

Embroidery is nice, nice and expensive. My customers want beat around hats, not wall hangers.

Jay