Sign in to follow this  
NAFLAH

Machine for resharpening vinyl cutter blade

To all, do you ever heard about the machine or grinder for sharpening vinyl cutter blade.? I use google for searching this machine or grinder but found nothing, let me know if among us know about this..

They're so small and the angles so precise that I can't imagine it would be an easy task.  Please let us know if you find anything!

Never heard of 1 but for the cost of the blades it would have to be an awful cheap machine to have any return on investment. If you want long lasting high quality blades check out cleancutblade.com

Jay

• Like 1

To all, do you ever heard about the machine or grinder for sharpening vinyl cutter blade.? I use google for searching this machine or grinder but found nothing, let me know if among us know about this..

tumblr_lw7o5ne23V1r0wqrdo1_400.jpg

• Like 2

Any carbide grinder could do it just set the proper tool angle and away you go. Just check all your angles and points on a shadowgraph. Easy Peazy. 

Would it be worth it? No. 

Would be like a machine shop sharpening all its carbide bits. Unheard of unless it is a extremely small or 1 man shop. 

I see another shirt in my future. Thanks S&D.

Jay

Years ago I heard that cutting a bit of aluminum foil would sharpen the blade. Never tried it. I normally get 3-4 months per blade and the cost is so small it's not a bother to me

I cut a lot of reflective and chrome and I'm thinking from what I've seen so far I might get 6 months of so from the cleancut blade I installed. If so I will be very happy.

Jay

I cut a lot of reflective and chrome and I'm thinking from what I've seen so far I might get 6 months of so from the cleancut blade I installed. If so I will be very happy.

Jay

Jay - use a cleancut in one holder and at the end of the year make that your reflectives blade in another holder - I do that and works great because you will  never cut reflective a fine as regular vinyl!

Yeah but I only bought 1 to try it out. What I'm gonna do is order 2 more, 1 for each cutter and do as you said with the first 1 I bought. Really wasn't planning on cutting all that reflective but I had a car club come in and wanted their logo done 20x22 for the back windows like 15 reflective and 30 or so of the oracal chrome. Still getting stragglers coming in to get them done a month later. I think siser is just as hard on the blades though and I do tons of that.

Jay

it will still last a long time - I just like to have that pristine blade for regular vinyl for that really insanely small stuff. - usually go about a year on the main blade before it becomes the reflective blade!

Bought on your recommendation so it they don't last you can't be my friend anymore..

Just kidding and I did notice the difference immediately compared to the junk china blades. I use University of South Carolina Gamecock to test ability to cut in small detail and I cut under 1" with cleancut blade, can't remember exactly how small now though. Mind sharing the file you're always showing for testing detailed cuts I'd like to try it tomorrow and see how it does.

Jay

I'll try it tomorrow and see what's what. At what size would you set the benchmark if testing on a Graphtec just to give me a baseline. I'll run em on the LP1 and the LP2 and see what I get. I think the 1 is wore out too much but will be interesting to see and I'll post up a pic of the outcome when I'm done.

Jay

been so long I really can't say on size - just do the marine corp one and get close to this.

personally I found the fancy font more impressive but the letters on the mc one are a challenge also

post-2742-0-59163500-1366598265_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-17328800-1366598337_thumb.jp

This could make an interesting competition on hear *** here, say 2 files to download and cut at an agreed size and post results. It would probably be more helpful when people want to know what brand X cutter can and can't do. And we can show off our abilities to set up our equipment properly. Might be fun.

Jay

I am NOT going against Mr300s - he did a car that the word nomad was insanely small.  Made mine look like billboards

PS the red one was a weeding contest on a forum no longer around called eminent desigz - most of them have since gone to vf to hang out

Being that I'm at a disadvantage with elcheapo cutters maybe I can cut at 12" hold up a dime and stand way back to give it perspective. I'll let you know how they turn out tomorrow.

Jay

• Like 1

like this one

how much the cost of it, where can I find this machine and give me its link.

thank  you, 

Jay, I think you will amaze yourself - with enough adjusting and messing you can do pretty good - the advantage of the graphtec is it does it without all the messing and readjusting - you can to it!

I see another shirt in my future. Thanks S&D.

Jay

Have to be careful with the "R" word   B)

Have to be careful with the "R" word   B)

"R"e-sharpening?

Cleancut blades are the ONLY way to go. I called and ordered more and didn't realize just how long it had been intil Ross looked up my last order. Great guy and highly, highly recommended!!!!!!!!!