Sign in to follow this  
petroman2012

Newbie to Heat Trans sooooo...

I am reading and doing home work as I type so any input is greatly appreciated...I have been doing vinyl cutting and feel quite comfortable in that element, own 2 nice cutters and so on...Now I want to branch a little into heat trans with vinyl and looking at the following:

1-5-in-1 Press the 11 x 15 model 429.00

Siser Easy Mask

Siser Easy Weed 15 x 10yrd.

Now I know I will be reding on the how too's before I cut loose any funds but I would like to hear from yall on the HOW TO to begin

Will I be able to use any of my designs as what I might cut with the Siser easy weed and how well does it represent a design or is it real finicky about articulate designs?

The Siser Easy mask: I read the intro and what it does but I would like to hear from yall in simple terms as to the what NOT to do and what it really does to enhance or simplfy the proceedure in start to finish a simple project.

Might be a dumb question but isnt there a material of sorts that goes between your press and the vinyl material being pressed to a garment....

I see(duhh)the potential for some nice work that can be turned out by this product but again I would like to hear from yall as to what is workable and what not to waste time and money on once one gets involved in this.

I apologize for asking so much for someone not even knowledgable on the heat vinyl and the intricate workings of this but I would like to know at least a little something before going half cocked into this.

Thanks for reading and I hope I can learn something from yall...

the 5 in 1 is a decent press but most will tell you to get a hotronix  its a better press and of course higher in price. I bought one of the Geckos of ebay and haven't had issues with it as of yet (knocks on wood) As for Siser easy weed I have cut many designs with it before I found cadcut  and never had an issues. I cut some images with detail and it worked fine. As for in between the vinyl and heat press I use Teflon or even just some butcher paper / kraft paper works well.

As for asking question is that what we are about helping each other? I started vinyl t-shirt making before signs, and its no different, well there is 2 differences always cut the image in reverse and the heat pressing part. other than that wedding is the same.

Not sure which mask you're looking at, but I've only used the mask for printed transfers (ie using Siser Colorprint, etc) or I think it's also used for rhinestones.

Well I am considering using my present designs which are in some ways abit complex and desire to cross over to heat trans vinyl with my designs, and hope to get the same if not better results per say on a t-shirt per say....This why I am considering the products menctioned as a begining point...Anyway time to crash...Another day and expecting 90% rain all day..I hate rain and I hate working let alone driving in it long distance ..Nite Nite..

You don't need the ez mask.  I've done hundreds of shirts with ez weed and I won't waste my money on a mask for ez weed.  

I've heard negative comments about the 1 in 5 style presses.  I got this one and LOVE it http://sunie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

You can do VERY detailed work with ez weed.  But, it is a lot of work.  

• Like 1

Why are you looking at the Easy Mask?  You will not need it with the Easy Weed vinyl - you don't need any sort of application tape for use with heat press vinyl.  HPV comes on an adhesive backing sheet that doubles as your application tape.  Check out the Easy Weed video at http://siserna.com/videos to see what it's like.

With regards to the multi-use press, I haven't heard anybody brag about how happy they were that they bought one.  The cheaper model heat presses aren't always good about consistent temperature across the platen, so if you're doing HPV you'll get peeling in the corners, or other areas that don't heat evenly.

If you're only doing HPV and not doing dye sublimation you're not going to need the two dinner plate or coffee mug platens, so 3 of your 5-in-1 options won't be of any use to you.

You'll be better off buying a single use press, either one for t-shirts or for hats, and then buying the other second single use press (shirt or hat) when you can afford it.  You can do far more things with a shirt press so that's probably the better one to start with.

+1 on the sunie for a starter press- I used one for a year and it was fine.  this one is 259 with free shipping http://sunie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

I
 personally hate mug presses, I have had many of them - the bottom and handle wick the heat away so you get fade around those areas - use cactus wraps in the oven and never get any fade.  if something is made to dismantle and reassemble like a multi it is going to be weaker.  the sunie is the only value press with over the center pressure adjustment like the expensive presses and had relatively even heat - of course a hotronix, knight or mighty is bette but much more expensive.  best to make the money with the sunie until you find a craigslist deal on one of the big named ones

I bought a roll of the easy mask when I bought my first round of materials.  I had no idea that easy weed had a clear backing and I have never used it.  What a waste of money.  Still not sure why they sell it and what it's purpose is.  

I bought a roll of the easy mask when I bought my first round of materials.  I had no idea that easy weed had a clear backing and I have never used it.  What a waste of money.  Still not sure why they sell it and what it's purpose is.  

I use it when printing opaque transfers on my roland printer . . . . 

Lite rain, colder than a well diggers a__, 200 miles 1way, gotta get outta this sh__...Gettin to old for this....Anyway, I appreciate the information and will consider the SUNIE, looked at the products last nite before crashing, guess I will go that route, and the comments about the MASK are taken and noted-wont go there, as being unfamilar with this HEAT and related subject has drawn my interest...Going looking at heat press on OTHER web sites...Bye Bye...

Ive got 1 5in1,  and its been good to me so far.  Still trying to find my niche in the market so I can make my money back off the heat press and dye sub printer.   Cut vinyl is still my money maker at this point,  but its nice to offer other options.