slice&dice

Mobile Cutting (shows & booths)

In another thread, this was asked --- 
"Whats the best way to transport the cutter and stuff safely?"

I have never done a show nor taken the cutter on the road, but it seems that a blanket (maybe the heavy kind from uHaul) would be good to protect it, and maybe bungee cords or a tie-down strap to secure it in place.

Also, some plastic bins to carry the vinyl rolls and app tape and other stuff.

Any other ideas?

when i move my cutter outside my house i use the box it came in with since it has the packing material that keeps it from moving around. my vinyl goes back into the boxes they come in and into a tub that i bought.

I'm thinking of having a padded bag made for my 12" cutter to carry in the van for an upcoming hot air balloon event we are having in my area. I don't think I could safely move the SC to use.

I have a few of the cheaper cutters I use on locations. I pretty much throw them around like rag dolls. Really there is nothing to them and take a beating and keep on working. I have one that is the same as the SC and believe me that one has fallen, been dropped, knocked over and off of tables, left out in the rain, thrown in the back of pick up trucks, etc. I do not suggest this care by any means but these things are pretty simple and really not to much to go wrong with them. 

well my truck has a topper... so i was thinking about putting cardboard down first.... then maybe use an old sleeping bag..

i was thinking about keeping the box my graphtec came in for this.. but boxes are clumsy and hard to handle, and dont last forever.

A nice big bag with a handle/strap would be great.

as for the vinyl rolls... i was thinking a nice big plastic tote layered with foam or something..

i have a bike show April 13th.. and want to bring my cutter to cut some stuff at the show and sell...

we just had our bike chapter's monthly meeting... and alot of my fellow riders are very interested in some stuff....

im not sure what other local events i could go to...but for now our bike show is going to be my number one priority...

what really sucks is... i know alot of them will want some harley davidson stuff....and it being copyright is an issue..

but as far as transporting the cutter and materials... i just want to do it safely and not damage my investment.

Lol you guys are treating these better then children. Its a piece of equipment. Just put the thing in the back of your car or truck and forget about it. Dont get me wrong, I paid a pretty penny for my cutter but I wouldnt think a padded towel is necessary to move it. Use common sense and youll be fine, dont load it before you run to home depot for a load of cinder blocks. 

I have never carried in the bed of my truck - on the back seat here - a nice cutter is a precision insturment that you don't want to bend or tweak anything.  if I was to use the bed of my truck you can be sure it would have a healthy amount of foam under it to keep the sharp jarring from transferring to my cutter.  yes I do treat them like babies - I have see the ones that were not and what a pain they can be.

well my truck has a topper... so i was thinking about putting cardboard down first.... then maybe use an old sleeping bag..

i was thinking about keeping the box my graphtec came in for this.. but boxes are clumsy and hard to handle, and dont last forever.

A nice big bag with a handle/strap would be great.

as for the vinyl rolls... i was thinking a nice big plastic tote layered with foam or something..

i have a bike show April 13th.. and want to bring my cutter to cut some stuff at the show and sell...

we just had our bike chapter's monthly meeting... and alot of my fellow riders are very interested in some stuff....

im not sure what other local events i could go to...but for now our bike show is going to be my number one priority...

what really sucks is... i know alot of them will want some harley davidson stuff....and it being copyright is an issue..

but as far as transporting the cutter and materials... i just want to do it safely and not damage my investment.

i bring mine to many bike shows does vary well 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mb20music" data-cid="304360" data-time="1364151599"><p>

Just wrap the damn thing in bubble wrap (big bubbles) and call it a day</p></blockquote>

I have a p cut and would not just throw in the back of my truck . There is enough dirt and dust back there to kill a tractor much less an electronic machine . But then I don't just throw my carpentry tools in the truck they all have their boxes , bags or totes and my miter box ,lazer level etc rides on a packing blanket to keep them from moving around . I have tools 40 years old ( because I take care of them ) that still work great . So no I don't think I would just throw any tool around including my cheap cutter .

Dan

• Like 1

If your at an event with no power source what is everyone using. I am thinking of getting a 750 power inverter.

Most cheap cutters run on stepper motors, there is no encoders or delicate pieces with the exception of the touchpad and the usb plug. They are very durable and can take a few bumps along the way. Dirt will harm them as will excessive dust, always be sure to keep your slides and runs clean and spec free. 

I run a generator if Im where power is unavailable.