Sign in to follow this  
TimnAng

Tonight's projects (including teeny tiny!)

Thanks again, Coaster, for all of your help with the pistols!  Much appreciated!!  The weeding was a little tiresome (I had to cut 4 of these), but it cut beautifully.  (Ignore my light box, guess I'm going to have to have hubby make us a larger one for these bigger decals.)

And as far as the tiny decals for the cell phones, they cut surprisingly well- I altered the detail on the Eiffel Tower, but all in all I have no complaints!

post-37278-0-21763000-1363837504_thumb.j

post-37278-0-65196000-1363837509_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hey those look familiar! I liked those guns better then the other ones. Glad you got them cut, looks good.

• Like 1

You did a great job on the guns, Coaster... I took 2 minutes and removed and redrew the lines you mentioned, and that was all it needed.  Perfect cut, easy weed.

Thanks Dakota!  I didn't beef them up, the picture is just closer up.  They are 2.5 x 1.5.  I just took out some of the smallest detail I had goin' on.  Most of it actually cut fine (I did cut one, with all the detail included) but, it's for a 10yr olds cell phone, and the detailing made some of the lines very small and "un-sturdy".  I didn't think it would hold up to the wear and tear it was going to go through.  And thank you, X!

Here ya go, Jesse-  

post-37278-0-73881400-1363864149_thumb.j

Pistols.svg

I did cut one, with all the detail included) but, it's for a 10yr olds cell phone, and the detailing made some of the lines very small and "un-sturdy".  I didn't think it would hold up to the wear and tear it was going to go through.

Get yourself a roll of clear, transparent vinyl - then you can cut a patch slightly larger than the design and 'laminate' it onto the surface and that will help keep it from being easily rubbed off.  I bought 3 rolls from this auction specifically for that purpose.

Or, if you need wider material, any of the Oracal color code 000 (Transparent) will work, too.   I have a 15" roll of Oracal 651 that I use for larger items.

Oh, awesome tip, thank you!  I just placed an order (again!) so it'll have to wait until next time.  I'm slightly vinyl obsessed... I blame it on wanting to offer a great color selection for my customers.   ;)

• Like 1

LOL when I was them originally and commented I thought you was just trying to do the red lines - not realizing it wasn't filled - 

Oh, awesome tip, thank you!  I just placed an order (again!) so it'll have to wait until next time.  I'm slightly vinyl obsessed... I blame it on wanting to offer a great color selection for my customers.   ;)

Not including clear, I think I have 23 different colors on hand, plus zebra print, etched glass and more...  It can be an addiction.

I'd like to get Zebra print one of these days, and a roll of the frosted glass and... and... and...  LOL   There are way too many cool specialty vinyls.

We currently have 12 colors in the 631, 10 colors in the 651, and today I ordered 3 more of the 651.  That's mostly over the past month and a half.  We did have a few colors from when we played with making decals about 5yrs ago, and the vinyl is still as good as new. 

I got a free sample of the frosted glass vinyl (not oracle) and I got about a 50 foot role (as a sample... nice!)  So I experimented with my front door!  I have already posted this pic in "show your work" but wanted to share again.

post-27312-0-73067200-1363893753_thumb.j

Get yourself a roll of clear, transparent vinyl - then you can cut a patch slightly larger than the design and 'laminate' it onto the surface and that will help keep it from being easily rubbed off.  I bought 3 rolls from this auction specifically for that purpose.

I was trying to figure out what to do with the 150' roll of 3.5" wide lime green vinyl I got free with my order and decided to cut an Android to put on the back of my phone.  I then cut a larger rectangle from the clear Oraguard material to cover it and keep it from easily rubbing off in my pocket.

I got a speck of grit under one of android's biceps, so I'm going to make another one - guess it's time to find out how tough it is to remove this stuff...

post-24492-0-48348000-1364948706_thumb.j

• Like 1