jgeck90

2 color decals

I have been very hesitant to make any 2 color decals. Especially for myself and to just experiment since it just wasts materials. But practice makes perfect!

I got an order for 3 color decals.I designed it in Photoshop.  I really don't see much profit in these 2 or 3 color decals because people just don't understand the amount of work involved and just how much material it really takes. He is ordering them in 7x15" What would you charge for each one? I was thinking around 4 or $5 each. He needs about 10.

post-25948-0-58838900-1363766787_thumb.j

$4 or $5 is very low, especially for a custom designed, 2 color decal, I think!  I just cut one last night, that was 10" x 3", single color, and I'm charging him $6 because I have time into the actual design as well.  I didn't just grab something out of my library and cut.

Anyway, I'd say closer to $8 or $10 a piece for those, considering the time and multi-color.  

Ang

• Like 1

Way too cheap.... Just the time involed in weeding, set-up, design...... what if you make a mistake, will you even profit enough to remake one in it's place? And remember, most of the stuff that you will do is considered "Custom". I tell all of my customers that single colors in cut vinyl is cheap, but add a color and the time, set-up, extra vinyl all drives the price up.

• Like 1

$10 each if a regular customer based on a 10 count. Off the street $12 - $14 each based on 10 count.

Jay

• Like 1

I'm very cheap compared to most and I wouldn't do those for less than $10 each in quantity.

And I wouldn't install on the wall in your picture. . . ;D

I'm very cheap compared to most and I wouldn't do those for less than $10 each in quantity.

And I wouldn't install on the wall in your picture. . . ;D

I'm with you...+1 

• Like 1

I would also charge for design time your time should not be free . And if just a small amount i would ab out double the regar price i dont even count 10 as a quanity price.

I passed the decal  to a friend who gave it to the owner of the company and it was denied. Apparently he is very picky. What he wanted was for me to copy this one which is attached. I don't think i will do it because the owner of the company wants to get them for about $5 each which is already too low for the first design that i made.

post-25948-0-86398400-1363841520_thumb.j

tell them you want to see it in writing where they paid that price! and tell them that the shirt they are showing you is in a different peicing market all together. heck even if i printed and laminated and contour cut them out it would still be hard to sell the for under 8.00 each

• Like 1

$5, for layered 3 colors?  No way.  Sounds like you're better off not doing business with them anyway!

• Like 1

Either pass or ask that a large economy size jar of Vaseline be included because when it's over you'll be needing it. ;D

Jay

• Like 4

Stand your ground on pricing 8 or 10 bucks each is a gift for such a small quantity . If they don't want to pay your price politely decline their work you would probably never make anything with someone that cheap anyway . I bet if you go in and wanted his $20;00 a square ft. Tile for 8 bucks a foot he would be highly insulted .

Dan