Sign in to follow this  
VBravo4

Heat Transfer Vinyl for T-Shirts

Just bought a Stahls Hotronix 16" x 20" Heat press...Wanting to know what is the most commonly used and cost efficient vinyl out there for some T-Shirts i have to make :rolleyes: ... any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have used siser easyweed for about a year now, and I love it. I def. recommend it to anyone that asks the question you did. I get mine from uscutter

• Like 2

I basically use what stahls sells econo glitter etc etc I used Sisser but It takes awhile to get here stahls is just cross the big pond from here.

Thank you everyone for you're input. I was using Stahls Sports Film and I get it in the mail UPS the next day. I ordered some easyweed from uscutter and it took over 4 days to receive it but I like it. It weeds better. Just don't know if I want to waite 4 days every time i need some.

I have another question and I hope somebody could steer me in the right direction.

We only have a vinyl cutter but I get people asking me for t-shirts that need to be printed. I heard there are places that you can upload your designs or picture to and they send you the heat transfers. Does anybody know where I can go for this?

How would I Google something like that? What's it called?

Sorry for the retarded questions. :wacko:

I tried the link and it dont work.

I have tons of t-shirt vinyl i could sell ya to try things out LoL.. i don't really do it no more since i got my screen press

• Like 1

I just purchased a Graphtec CE 6000-40 and it cuts regular vinyl but I am not sure how to get it to cut through the heat vinyl. Any words of wisdom? If V-Bravo is not interested in your tee shirt vinyl, I might be. Let me know.

Laura Tatro

Dennis, if you've got your Graphtec dialed in and it's cutting regular 2.5-3 mil vinyl, then it's already setup to cut Siser Easy Weed, and most other heat press vinyls, too.  Just make sure you load it shiny side down and dull side up and you should be good to go.

Some of the vinyls, like the Flock types are a little thicker and may require more pressure or more blade, but for standard types, it cuts with all the same settings.

Are ya gonna part with that T shirt vinyl SeeJay?  I might be interested like the two others....  let us know

What setting do you have your cutter at for the CE6000??  It won't cut through for the Easy weed flex.  I have the same issue.  It can cut reg vinyl but not flex ;(

What setting do you have your cutter at for the CE6000??  It won't cut through for the Easy weed flex.  I have the same issue.  It can cut reg vinyl but not flex ;(

You probably have a blade with the very it bitty end rounded off. Won't effect normal cutting much but the stretch Siser likes a very sharp blade. 

• Like 1