troyr

using new fonts in signblazer

im trying to use the font "Denmark" in signblazer and do not know how. i have already downloaded it on my computer,but dont know how to transfer it. any help would be appreciated.

denmark.zip

its already installed on my comp. so your saying just go to file unzipp it and then what

right click, unzip, to--> c drive, windows, fonts... install, open file.  Should be in your FONT file if unzipped correctly..

after using your method will i be able to use it in signblazer?

im so lost on this topic. i did step by step what grafix said and its not in there. what am i doing wrong? please someone help.

1. unzip file to desk top.

2. open Control Panel

3. open Fonts

4. Drag and Drop Font from Desk Top to Fonts folder.  Two blue bars should be seen on the screen as the font installs, it happens quick.  If font is already installed you will get a message stating that the font already exists.

5. Font is now installed on your computer.

6. Close Fonts

7. Close Control Panel

8. Open Sign Blazer, font should be there.

It should be as simple as that. " If " Sign Blazer uses it's own set of fonts you will have to install the font into the Sign Blazer Directory.  It is probably in C:/programfiles/signblazer/fonts

I went to the sign blazer website  http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/27/5/installing-fonts-to-signblazer-elements   and it says

"In order to install fonts to Sign Blazer Elements all you need to do is simply install the font to Windows. To install a font to Windows just move the file to the fonts folder. The default file path for the Windows fonts folder is C:\Windows\Fonts. Nearly all fonts are compatible, but you may have issues with certain Open Type fonts".

I hope this clears things up for you. 

Your zip file contains Denmark ttf which is a true type font indicated by the TT on the icon.  Open Type Fonts have a green O on their icon.

Good Luck.

Just for reference, that font Denmark is virtually identical to the already-available HANDEL GOTHIC BOLD which comes installed with SignBlazer's 200 font choices.

For those of us on the reverse of this ( I did away with signblazer a long time ago) who switch programs but want to keep the fonts that came with signblazer they have their file seperate from system fonts. When I switched to Corel I copied the signblazer font file and pasted the fonts into system font folder so that they show up in Corel. The only downside I haven't figured out is when you copy them over the names change from the actual font name to a letter code such sbf_a067 (Ariston).

Jay

Thank you so much slice&dice, i didnt even realize it.

For those of us on the reverse of this ( I did away with signblazer a long time ago) who switch programs but want to keep the fonts that came with signblazer they have their file seperate from system fonts. When I switched to Corel I copied the signblazer font file and pasted the fonts into system font folder so that they show up in Corel. The only downside I haven't figured out is when you copy them over the names change from the actual font name to a letter code such sbf_a067 (Ariston).

Jay

If you have the original SignBlazer disk, it included a Font Guide. It gives both names of the fonts.

Used to have 1 when I had an actual license for SBE way back when. The ones I use most often I know form memory. The other I can still open SignBlazer and check the names, just a pain in the butt.

Jay

Is there any way to rename a font file so it would show up correctly in Corel???

Jay