Sign in to follow this  
KrazyWhite Rich

Looking to get this JPEG turned into an AI file please and thank you!

Give it a shot first and post your trouble spots and youll get a lot of help. People are more generous if you show some effort. 

What graphic editing program do you use? There are experts on here that use all the main ones. 

• Like 1

nevermind someone gave you a fish...

Give a man a fish and he'll be fed for a day - teach a man to fish and he'll be fed for life.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day - set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

• Like 5

Give a man a fish and he'll be fed for a day - teach a man to fish and he'll be fed for life.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day - set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

I dont get it.

I would have walked him through every step to make that a vector. Instead of giving him a fish I would have taught him how to fish. 

• Like 2

I dont get it.

I would have walked him through every step to make that a vector. Instead of giving him a fish I would have taught him how to fish. 

I wasn't criticizing you, just finishing out what you started typing...

I agree, it's far better to teach them, although it seems there are people who don't want to learn... that's where the fire part comes in...   >:D

• Like 1

or if you are too busy then just pay one of the people that do have time - I have used excalibar several times when I have time and the budget allows - it allows me to spend time on other design aspects.  If I don't have anything pressing fine, I had william do a logo that was very very complicated a couple of years ago that I would have spend conciderable time on - he provided the finished artwork later that day that I have used on about 350 coffee mugs all for $25 - worked out very well and I spent my time on the rest of the design

I wasn't criticizing you, just finishing out what you started typing...

I agree, it's far better to teach them, although it seems there are people who don't want to learn... that's where the fire part comes in...   >:D

OH well I feel dumb. I didnt know that was the rest of the saying. 

OH well I feel dumb. I didnt know that was the rest of the saying. 

I didn't get the saying either, so don't feel dumb...

Wow, I didn't know it was such a big deal to have a graphic vectorized.  Maybe this section of the forum should be deleted completely. I don't have the means to vecotrize a graphic  Which is why I posted here in the first place.  This is merely a hobby for me.

Thank DJ JIGGLER for youe help! 

Wow, I didn't know it was such a big deal to have a graphic vectorized.  Maybe this section of the forum should be deleted completely. I don't have the means to vecotrize a graphic  Which is why I posted here in the first place.  This is merely a hobby for me.

If you have the means to cut vinyl, then you have the means to convert a bitmap, especially a high-contrast 2 color bitmap, to a vector.  If you want to make a hobby or business out of cutting vinyl, then learning to make your own vectors is imperative, unless you plan to cut only text or pre-made designs.

There are free programs, such as Inkscape, that can do the job relatively easily, or there are options you can buy (or subscribe to) that can do the job even quicker.

I downloaded your image, renamed it, loaded Vector Magic, imported the JPG into Vector Magic, converted it at high detail, dropped out the white background and saved it as an .EPS vector file.   Total time from when I started the download to when I finished and saved the new file was <71 seconds.  A subscription to Vector Magic costs less than $8 per month for unlimited usage -- http://vectormagic.com/pricing and is incredibly simple to use, or you can buy it for $295 and never have to pay again.

If you can't afford to buy Vector Magic outright, or the $8 per month to subscribe (and not everyone can, I know that), then there are numerous free applications, like the previously mentioned Inkscape, that will do the conversions with only a few more steps involved.  How to convert vectors in Inkscape has been covered on these forums numerous times, and if you can't find it, just ask and someone will be more than happy to point it out to you.   There are also people on these forums who can create high quality vectors for you for a nominal fee.  

Most members of this forum are willing to take you by the hand and lead you through the individual steps and teach you "how to fish" and would rather do that than just "give you a fish", because next time you'll be able to do it yourself, and when the next person asks for help, maybe you'll even be able to step and lead them through the process.  I'd say that 95% of what I know about vinyl work I've learned just by reading these forums, and the rest I learned by making the mistakes myself.

This next comment is not directed at you in particular, however there are many, many, many people who come to this forum and ask for a "fish" rather than a "fishing lesson" - and then they come back the next time and ask for another fish - and then another fish - and they never want to take the 10-15 minutes required to learn how to do it themselves.

Most members of these forums do this for a living, and asking them to do your work for you is liking pulling into the mechanics shop and saying "hey, I bought this case of oil and a filter, but I don't know how to change my oil, can you do the labor for me - at no charge?  I really need it done - I use this vehicle for my work and I need it to run well so I can go make more money, which I also don't intend to share with you."

There are people here who will convert it for you for free, like DJ JIGGLER did, I've even done it myself a few times, and hopefully people will continue to do it, but it is a relatively simple skill to learn, and it only helps you in the long run to learn how to do it yourself.

• Like 6

time to learn...  inkscape.org is FREE software,  So, please don't say you don't have the means.  And you were told that back in  March 2012... .Anybody has the means who wants to make an effort to learn. And what better way to learn, than no money out of your pocket.   And it is written here hundreds of times how to vector images. Cause I have written it myself.  Tons of videos on youtube.com  and tons of tutorials on the web, as well as here in the forum. It does not matter hobby or business, that is your job to learn it, if your cutting designs.  We can help, but show some effort on your end.

It is also in the SUPPORT page of USCUTTER.  They also helped you out. 

I will post this again.  I hope you read and learn..

http://start.uscutter.com/software/inkscape

• Like 1

well nothing left to be said. Ya'll nailed it on the head. 

If you want to learn how to do it just ask. Well help. 

• Like 1

I agree, well said.. Also, there are plenty of youtube videos showing how to create vector graphics via many different programs (some are free, some aren't) It's really not difficult, but can be time consuming. I taught myself the ins and outs of illustrator when I was 12 years old

• Like 1

I wish my customers would bring me an image that clean. Really try to learn and I promise people on here will try to help you. I occasionally will draw something for someone on here if it looks challenging. I do this not to give them a fish but to help hone my skills and make me better at what I do. However some of the requests I see posted are basic to the point of being little more than retyping text and adding a pc. of clip art. Then I try to teach not just give away my skills. If you can't follow through with the learning there is a classified section on the bottom of the forum listings and someone is always looking for a good used cutter to by. And before you get mad at me I say all of this as a generality not at you personally.

Jay