Pcrat

spraypaint vinyl, to get a faid look..?

I have a friend who wants some Lettering for his man cave, but was wondering about a fade, Since i dont have a $15,000 digital printer lol,

Ive heared around that some people use spray paint to get a faided look. 

My guess is that is a trial and error to get that to look right. and expierence. Hes ok if not, hes ok with a different look he gave me without a fade.

Thanks

oh wow, already painted is nice,  ive found some pictures of people using paint, turns out pretty good. yea my wife is buying an airbrush, ( for haloween costumes makeup etc ) i will practice with that also. but i didnt know you could buy it pre faded. Nice.

There was one of the members posted some painted viny on here a good while back I belive his was being used outside and was coated with frog juice . You may do a search and find the post .

Dan

I sprayed blue onto flourescent yellow using a simple airbrush....first attempt at airbrushing, so be kind.  Sealed with rattle-can clear to keep it from washing off during clean-up

post-6229-0-34866600-1359430977_thumb.jp

Do you paint it before putting on the app tape ? How does it make it thru aplication ? I have made up flames coming out of a lightning bolt & want to have color changes . What are the suggestions in colors ( most I have seen is starting out white , ending in red ) ? :)

After cutting and weeding I used push pins to attach to a cardboard display board, then airbrushed, after adequate drying time, I sprayed it with a rattle-can clearcoat and let that dry.  Then I put it on transfer tape and applied to kart panels.  I ended up with a little bit of overspray that stuck to app tape and had to be cleaned when I was finished, but it was just like peeling a sunburn, nothing major.

Thanks . Would you explain the overspray on the app tape to me a bit more ? I was thinking the app tape might pull the paint or the paint would crack from bending while installing ??

I may have been a little unclear.  The overspray was on the backing, at the edges of the vinyl.  When I pulled the backing off during installation, the overspray (paint and clear coat) stuck to the app tape.  The paint was not pulled off by the app tape during installation because of the clear coat.  Luckily, in my case, there were not a lot of sharp corners where the paint had the opportunity to crack during installation.

• Like 1

Thanks , I will give that a try :)