CADILLAC MAC

Help With Pricing. photo inside

the company i work for is looking to have all there box trucks have there logo on them. my boss dosnt know i do this (im not even sure if i do this lol) but im going to see about putting in a bid. the actual "box size" is 16'x7'.

heres my vynil cut measurements

Sides- Titan ES (swoop) 32"x144"

Address, phone, website 24x36

Back- Titan ES (swoop) 24"x60"

its all sigle layer, beside the lettes and swoop thing bein 2 different color vynils but thats ok. im sure i will be bidding on 4-15 trucks. depends on how many they want to do. im sure i will be doing installation to. any help on price range would be greatly appriciated so i can throw out a competitive bid. im thinkin about $400-$575 per truck. but i dont know thanks guys

post-3694-0-97343800-1335837712.jpg

That sounds low to me, but I am not sure what kind of market you are in.

That sounds low to me, but I am not sure what kind of market you are in.

same opinion here

id say at least $850 per truck, but i could be wrong. because you have to think about the time spent, vinyl costs, labor and the rivets that you may have to work around on it. if you do it by the truck instead of getting on straight bid then they can say i want this many done now and this many done later. but thats MY opinion

really depends on if these are going to be cast, or calendared, printed and contour cut or what the material is and your cost plus time to install....

thanks for the the heads up fellas.

do you guys have any solutions on how to get this off?

also, can you guys recomend me a good vinyl to use? i use orocal 651, but didnt know if this calld for somthing different. thanks again guys, really

post-3694-0-63930200-1335908011.jpg

I use oracal 751 for truck lettering better vinyl longer lasting and easier to apply and don't crack like 651 with the movement. Just my 2 cents .

Dan

I use oracal 751 for truck lettering better vinyl longer lasting and easier to apply and don't crack like 651 with the movement. Just my 2 cents .

Dan

thanx thats what ill prolly plan on using. any suggestions for taking those letters of the truck? i dont know if it just dirt, or if its permanent or what. im sure you guys would know

It is called ghost lettering the metal around the lettering has faded more then where it was protected by the vinyl also the residue from the adhesive may have collected dirt making it shoe up more . There is a product called ghost off that they claim works do a e search .

Dan

If it is bare metal you can use a rubbing compound and a buffer to pull it off, and then apply a protectant of some sort after applying lettering to it.

Otherwise if it is paint and faded paint- you may be SOL>

Be careful with this....

You might put in a bid, and follow the same process as every other guy putting in a bid... but when the company you work for finds out you are capable of doing this... they will more than likely expect you to install this at your regular wage. Depending on how much you make, I guess it could actually be a good thing, but i have yet to see a case where it works out in the employee's favor. Once they know you can do this, they'll be looking at it as an easy way to keep the hit on their budget to a minimum.

I obviously don't know the situation, or your relationship with your boss/ owner. Just trying to keep you aware of how you could actually come out on the bottom of this.

I am a Muzak technician- and I just got done lettering a couple of the vans for our office. My boss's comment when he saw 40-50$/hr- was OMG... but when he realised that A) I would be eating up time that I could be doing my REAL job, on the clock, B - My time working on the vans would more than likely be overtime, cutting into that budget- and C) the tax liability is different when paying an employee versus paying for a "business" or "advertising" expense..... Just a thought.

yea, thanks fellas. i am going to mention to my boss in the morning that i can help them out with this. i contacted a couple sign places locally and waiting on thier estimate so i can throw a ballpark bid for my market, and see what my company says. i would like the experience, so i guess i can keep my fingers crossed and see what they say

Yeah thats a good point as well- taking a bit of a bite-in-the-butt is ok for experience sake as well as to have a company to demo your work! Especially if the company is well known, or good-sized.

Myself, like I said- I lettered our Muzak vans! Muzak is actually one of the largest business satellite music providers in the nation....

yea, i got a couple store from signs under my belt. but this job seems simple, and some extra cash, and experience. so i cant wait to see what they say

well, i threw a bid at my boss, and he took we. i just did the doors on 4 trucks, but were waiting to see if we get a new contract and then we will prolly get new trucks, and the ill do all the graphics on the back. hes a pic, and thanks for all the help guys, i gave a big at $95 a truck, and $110 for a pair of magnets for his personal veichle, and we went with it right away, i figured i could make money, help him out, and not have to worry about someone out bidding me

post-3694-0-50736600-1337999899.jpg