BannerJohn

Here's a little something I knocked out last week

I do a lot of banners for these people. All cut vinyl,not printed.

post-242-0-11818200-1331124440.png

• Like 2

AWESOME!!! I am going to attempt a real multi layer design today.... (Not just 2 color lettering which I do alot of)

I think I'm in the wrong business. These ladies are making a fortune....they rent this huge building at the fairgrounds...spend 2 weeks twice a year having the sales....THOUSANDS of people come..line up around the block to get in...and the ladies take half of every dollar that comes in.

Consignment shops are getting HUGE HUGE in my town.... I was renting an office for a while and I couldn't believe what they made for just sitting there. The vendors had to bring everything in and set it up and keep their area clean and the lady running it sat at her desk all day taking in money hand over fist.....

Consignment shops are getting HUGE HUGE in my town.... I was renting an office for a while and I couldn't believe what they made for just sitting there. The vendors had to bring everything in and set it up and keep their area clean and the lady running it sat at her desk all day taking in money hand over fist.....

yeah tell me about it. I think from now on I'm gonna be looking for good quality kid's clothes at yard sales. It appears to be a gold mine waiting to be tapped.

• Like 1

WOW , I thought the livestock sale taking 25% ( small animals & misc ) was rough .

yeah tell me about it. I think from now on I'm gonna be looking for good quality kid's clothes at yard sales. It appears to be a gold mine waiting to be tapped.

I buy and sell alot of stuff from local online auctions its a great way to help income since I just moved to a new building and don't have the foot traffic I used to. I buy alot of stuff like old dinner plates and mirrors slap a little vinyl on it put it on CL and it's gone in a day or 2 and most the time I at least triple my total investment... Not talking 1,000's or anything but turning $20 into $60 in 3 days always feels good.

• Like 1

I've never been after the big money. $10 profit on something I paid $1 for doesn't sound like much, but it's a nice meal out for me.And it adds up. I was doing $3000 a month on ebay when I first started selling junk from yardsales...normally $5 and $10 items.

People harass me here becuase I will buy something for $6 and sell it for $10 but to me $4 dollars is a cheeseburger and pop for lunch. And since I am at the site picking up a car load of other stuff anyways it's no extra work. I have always been told since I was a young child I have a MUCH different outlook on life then anyone else... But for me to pick something up and set it on a table and make $4 it's a win in my book.

• Like 1

In my life I have known 2 people who started with nothing and became millionaires. They each gave me a piece of advice: "A quick nickle is better than a slow dime anytime'..and 'never let money walk out the door.'.

Nobody gets paid for sitting on their ass in this business.

• Like 2

In my life I have known 2 people who started with nothing and became millionaires. They each gave me a piece of advice: "A quick nickle is better than a slow dime anytime'..and 'never let money walk out the door.'.

Nobody gets paid for sitting on their ass in this business.

Thats funny about not letting people go out the door without buying. People always laugh because I will follow people out the door continuing to make the sale....Mainly just with remote starts because every single year there is some new kid on the block who advertises he can do remote starts just because he bought a wire harness matched the colors up and put a radio in... Always cracks me up there are very few of us left in town who started doing them and keep up with all the changes.. I have 12 years experience now and I am listed as a tech with some of the local shops that try to install one every now and then.

lol got that on kids clothes at yard sales, I bet my girlfriend has at least 20 plastic totes of little girls clothes from her grand daughter. most of them are practically new and alot with tags on them. she can change clothes fast enough to get them all on, couple times a year her and her mom will have yard sale easliy make 300-400 on clothes alone.

how much did you charge for that banner??

$45 as a part of a package deal. It took me about an hour. Actual cost of materials...$7.

DR12v --- "I buy a lot of stuff like old dinner plates and mirrors slap a little vinyl on it put it on CL and it's gone in a day or 2"

I don't wish to derail the thread, but can you provide us some details about what you're doing, what graphics you are applying?

Maybe a picture or two?

Start a new thread if you want.... I'm curious about that idea, and would like to know more.

• Like 1

Nice work John. Consignment shops are big here where I live I have made over a thousand bucks in signage for them in the last 6 months.