Sign in to follow this  
RcHelp

Illustrator CS5 Problems

I'm hoping that you guys can help me with this. I have looked all over, and do not see a solution. I have CS5 and in the video the guy is using CS2 or 3, and under the print button, is the output for SignCut. I do not have this, and it's making my life a pain lol.

Rendering these into EPS 8 then opening them up in SignCut is hit and miss. The cuts that I need to make are not there in some, and in others, there are HUGE LINES that are about 6x as big as the image. And with a 20"x30" image, you can imagine the size.

So, if you have any way of being able to output from CS5, please let me know. Even if it's using another program other than SignCut.

Thanks for everyones help in advance.

HiI don't use sign cut, I use Flexi 10 Pro..

When I vector out of AI5 it imports correctly..I am not sure about Sign Cut..I think it's not compatible with the newer style AI files, which is the reason for saving in the older format..Sorry I can't help on it..I would suggest getting a different cutting program if this continues, as I don't seem to run into that problem with FP 10..

Good luck

stetson5331

Spoke too soon. I installed and checked everything like they said, and when I try to send to SignCut, it says it can't be found... I look in the folder, even after installing the new plugin, and it's not there. It says it's already installed, but I have no clue where it's installing into lol.

stetson, I have seen a lot of people using Flexi, and hearing mostly good things. I may have to look into it...

I started with it and have had little to know problems..I know when its rendering really large files it hessitates sometimes but other than that it works well..It is very easy to learn and does alot that others don't..Worth the money in my op..

good luck with your problem..

when I save a file to cut in Ily CS5 - I save it as AI version 10. That works fine.

Gave it a try, and now Sign Cut is crashing all the time... I think I"m going to backup all of my files, and install a 32 bit OS on this computer. Mayby, just maybe I can solve some of my issues with that....

Yeah, I installed it, and when I click on it in the File menu, it says that SignCut can't be found.

Did you install it the way it is explained on their website?.....Apparently for CS5 it is manual versus automatic.....

Yes, when it installs, it does so in the Formats folder. They say to install it in the Extensions folder, and the only way to do that is to move it. I have done that, and still get the same error. There has to be something that I'm overlooking. I just can't figure it out.

I use CS5 and haven't had any problems. You really need to follow the signcut install instructions exactly and install the plugin. We had to do this a few times to get it right.

We are advised to save the AI files as EPS v8 or so, but I never do and it opens up fine. Make sure you convert text and lines to outlines and do pathfinder>merge. If you don't, you can end up with wonky cuts, it cutting the design twice,etc.

I just double checked and our signcut is installed here:

computer>c>program files>signcut

computer>c>program files x86>signcut

We have new Gateway gaming 64bit computers running Win7.

Wow, lots of issues with signcut? Glad I only used this software for 36 seconds before I figured out it was not for me, if its a new program why have to save everything in older formats?

To me something seems seriously wrong with that workflow. Has this always been this way even with new releases?

I can understand in hacked programs such as Signblazer but I paid out 1500 plus in software and had to save everything from versions 10 years ago so it was compatible with the other software I had purchased along side of it I would find another software to run. Having the original CS5 Ai file to edit, then the Ai Version 3 file to cut seems kind of redundant.

Old post is right! I posted this question a year ago when I had no idea what the hell I was doing. Now, I have realized that all software that uscutter offers is crap compared to the real stuff. Can a Mod close or delete this thread?

Replying to old posts is ok because it still helps the rookies who are eager to learn from other people. I take issue with the statement "... all software that uscutter offers is crap", in part because I work for USCutter (full disclosure) but mostly because in my experience the vast majority of people who complain the loudest about software not working, are the people who have no idea how to use it. There will always the "one-off" computer systems that just don't like this software or that software as well as bugs to be worked out for newer releases like the plug-ins for CS5 & CS6, but those things get resolved and 95% of people never come close to those issues. I have used every cutting software you could ever name as well as many you couldn't, and SignCut Pro is still by far my favorite cutting utility with any design software. USCutter doesn't make software they just sell (and sometimes support) software that others make; Signcut Pro (life time version) Flexi Sign10(in every flavor), Sure Cuts A lot v.3 (Craft and Pro) as well as a being the only company to continue supporting SignBlazer Elements- 6 years after production ended... I think saying that all the software they offer is crap is an over-exaggeration.

For anyone else seeking support on this type of issue: We suggest uninstalling and re-installing your SignCut Pro. to update to the newest version. Do this with your design program closed. The newer PC versions (newer than v1.7) of SignCut Pro will automatically install the Illustrator Plug-ins up to CS5, Corel X5 and Inkscape 0.48.2. ... I don't know if it's working for CS6 yet or not. Often Anti-virus softwares will have an adverse affect on programs like SignCut since they install themselves into other softwares, much like a virus does. If you suspect your anti-virus could be causing issues with your software, temporarily disable it- re-install Signcut- and test. Once you know it's functioning properly re-activate your anti-virus and set exceptions for Signcut.