hey i am just starting out and i have customers already waiting on things and i dont like to keep them waiting i am new to the graphics cutting process and need some help i am using flexi 8.1 and i get some hang of it but i need a some info on prices i have to make a sticker that is 8 in long and 2 to 3 inches tall using different colors he wants to spend about 50 on them but i dont want to rip him or myself off as in how many to give him please help me in this situation thanks

ps how does everyone do the layerd vinyl

Simple text, one color, easy weed about 2 bucks each.

Do a forum search, there is tons of info and even videos on layering vinyl. GL

• Like 1

Scroll down, second post. Shows you how.

This forum is loaded with EXCELLENT information. Most questions have been asked and answered numerous times. All it takes is to learn how to search the forum. Every question you may have probably has a answer at your finger tips.

• Like 1

sell your cutter and vinyl and sub all your work out to me. :angry: you should not even be doing jobs for others untill you at least know how to do the stuff.

• Like 1

sell your cutter and vinyl and sub all your work out to me. :angry: you should not even be doing jobs for others untill you at least know how to do the stuff.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well if people would actually help instead of trying to get me to sub out work then it would be fine i know how to do just one layer and i need to learn how to do 2 or more but the videos ive seen only show you how to layer it on paper not on the actual signblazer or flexi

well if people would actually help instead of trying to get me to sub out work then it would be fine i know how to do just one layer and i need to learn how to do 2 or more but the videos ive seen only show you how to layer it on paper not on the actual signblazer or flexi

WE WERE trying to help you..It was implied that if you could not do it that we were available to help you get the job done...

Sorry for the suggestion to help you out with your project.I am sure we will keep that in mind for the next time you need help...

You don't learn how to do something by getting someone else to do it. Look around, search Youtube for videos...and keep at it til you get it right. THAT is how you learn. In college if you pay someone else to do your work, it's called cheating. And if you keep taking the easy way out you will never learn a thing. There are plenty here who would love to make money by printing your stuff for you..but what does that make you? A contractor.

• Like 1

and how do you suggest that they learn?

• Like 1

if you are cutting from flexi make sure that you send all the colors at once but check the box so it pauses between colors. this will keep everything lined up.

@ everyone

as for the comment i made i find it crazy to take on a job and not even have clue how fo do it.

But until you know what you are doing and are able to turn out "quality" work you should either turn the work away or sub it out....

And as far as being a contractor......I love when the hardest part of a job is to count my money....

and how do you suggest that they learn?

Seems eager to treach them how to be rude , but not eager to help learn vinyl cutting :huh:

The OP does need to try to crawl before they walk & walk before they run etc .. getting jobs before knowing what to do is a bit premature .

But until you know what you are doing and are able to turn out "quality" work you should either turn the work away or sub it out....

And as far as being a contractor......I love when the hardest part of a job is to count my money....

Fine for you Roxy..I prefer to be known for what I can do other than use a phone and send an email.

• Like 1

The main purpose of the thread was to ask for a price ( it is not really relevant what people on this forum would charge ... as in every case it is the local market that factors the pricing IMO ) Tekcorps answered the original question perfectly IMO . & also the OP's 2nd post perfectly . It is not like it is rocket science , cutting a 1 color decal of text 8" X 3" .... I could do that my 1rst day & is so easy , even a caveman could also :)

The OP also asked about how everybody layers ( as a p.s. in the 1rst post ).

I think many people thought ( misread , assumed ) the original question was about multi colored decals :huh: There was no reason to be rude at all !!! :huh:

I did not understand the part in the 1rst post " he wants to spend about 50 on them " .. Is that 50 decals or spending $50 on them ? I suspect a typo :huh:

Some advice .. if a thread or post annoys you .. heck if a particular member annoys you , just by-pass it instead of saying negative stuff OR say something humorously sarcastic etc . It is sort of like " be able to disagree without being disagreeable " .

Rodger Myers

USC Super Hog

No Apology Needed ...... out :)

Ewww, I like sarcasm! ;D But now to be humorous about it... Hmmm... :P

I'm still waiting for the OP to respond to his original thread asking about layering. Maybe he gave up on it?

im sorry if i was rude but i meant that he wanted to spend only fifty on them i was just asking how many would you give him if you were doing it? and i just got my cutter today its going good so far waiting on some other supplys and see how it goes from there. and which vinyl do you all you whats best?

im sorry if i was rude but i meant that he wanted to spend only fifty on them i was just asking how many would you give him if you were doing it? and i just got my cutter today its going good so far waiting on some other supplys and see how it goes from there. and which vinyl do you all you whats best?

The best cut n weed vinyl I think is Oracal 651..I like it due to its durability and ease of weeding...It also comes in various usable colors..Go to oracal.com sign up and go to the sample area..There is a sample color chart and other stuff on there to request free of charge..Hope it helps..Good luck on your new venture

You were not being rude & I was not referring to you at all . I think even your response to the post that was rude , was mature :thumbsup:

There are going to be alot of questions that will evoke opinions & that varies GREATLY . All the questions everybody asks have been answered many times , that is why i suggested to you in 1 of your other threads to do a search & read up in general in order to gain knowledge ... The general answer to this question is Oracal 651 because of price , quality etc .