powerian

Big Squeegee alternative

What do you guys use for a big squeegee? I dont have the money to buy the one made and cant seem to find a cheap one on the net.

Harbor Freights sells them very cheap . seems a steel 2' square or many things could be used .

• Like 1

I was thinking about an ice scrapper or maybe some plexi would work. What do they call them at harbor freight?

I was thinking about an ice scrapper or maybe some plexi would work. What do they call them at harbor freight?

They aren't expensive at all. I think i bought my 32" laminator BS for like $65 shipped or something a year ago or so. I understand not wanting to put out cash but if it's a tool that will help you grow your business it's very inexpensive

How can people buy your services if you won't put our money for the correct tools?

They aren't expensive at all. I think i bought my 32" laminator BS for like $65 shipped or something a year ago or so. I understand not wanting to put out cash but if it's a tool that will help you grow your business it's very inexpensive

How can people buy your services if you won't put our money for the correct tools?

I dont sell my vinyl. I just do my own/brothers race cars and some little decals for our vehicles. By doing this we save 500-700 dollars a year on decals on our race cars. Which paid for the cutter the first year.

Get some 3 1/2" trim and cut it to length. Slap some velcro on the skinny edge and BS away. For small stuff, it is just as good as the expensive BS.

I dont know what Harbor freight calls it . i think it is intended for wallpaper work . I would look at scrapers on their website . It was only a few bucks..

I dont know what Harbor freight calls it . i think it is intended for wallpaper work . I would look at scrapers on their website . It was only a few bucks..

I have a BS and still use my one made of plexiglas for the small stuff

• Like 1

Do you just take a square piece of plexi with some felt on the end?

yes sir

If you don't sell your vinyl and are doing not big jobs then I'd just use a normal squeegee. Wet app makes bubble free installs possible. Use Rapid Tac 2

Me and a helper laid a 2x18' wall vinyl a few months ago in about 1.5 hours with a small normal squeegee.

I don't disagree with what you say at all.. but if you can do it with a tool that costs $3 instead , that suppports the goal of business , making money . I have several friends who ONLY buy Snap-On tools ..... WOW $10K up for just the tool box ....not me .. Craftsman's tools do just as good of a job @ 25% of the cost .

Same thing for the app tape dispensers , make it for free with stuff laying around , or spend $5 if you don't have it.. or spend a big chunk of money for 1 that does not do any better of a job . :thumbsup:

I use a toilet paper roll to squeegy my vinyl with!!!!!!

I figure I can get at least double the swipes with it, if it's a double roll!!!! :unsure::D:P

It's not the size of your squeegee that matters... It's how well you use it! ;D

A piece of Plexi cut whatever size you need with some scrap thick fabric or felt will work. In a pinch i've used everything from the edge of a flat plastic horse comb to a hardcover book of old shovelheads. Get creative! Good luck.

A piece of Plexi cut whatever size you need with some scrap thick fabric or felt will work. In a pinch i've used everything from the edge of a flat plastic horse comb to a hardcover book of old shovelheads. Get creative! Good luck.

You said that right. Shoot, I even used my wifes big toe to squeegy with, she was hitting me on the head the whole time, the impact of my forehead on the vinyl backing decreased air bubbles by 98% weeeeeeeeeeeee heheeheheheheehehh :blink: