Queenkutie

I think that I'm hooked! :)

heeheh yup, it's addicting isn't it? heheheeh NICE JOB BTW! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

good job. the addiction becomes worse. I am going to start trying to master the 3 dimensional blasting

hi

im new to the job and it does take over you,can you explain how to do 3 dimensional blasting please

stu

Thanks soo much everyone! I am really tired of using the same ole colors with rub n buff. I have tried using glass and acrylic paint and even purchased a heat gun, but once I pull off the vinyl the paint comes off with it!! :angry: Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping the paint on the bottle once the vinyl is removed?? Please help if you can.

Thanks soo much everyone! I am really tired of using the same ole colors with rub n buff. I have tried using glass and acrylic paint and even purchased a heat gun, but once I pull off the vinyl the paint comes off with it!! :angry: Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping the paint on the bottle once the vinyl is removed?? Please help if you can.

Duct Tape? Just joking, glad your having fun! One of the guy's (or gals) will chime in and help, I'm sure of it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I haven't tried painting glass yet, blasted or not. But I have airbrushed a few ceramics that were glazed (glass coated) and they hold up very well. I use Createx airbrush paint. Same paint I use on fabrics. Once you heat it, it's very permanent and durable. Also comes in a whole lot of colors including metalics. See: http://createxcolors.com/product/airbrushcolors/main.html

Also, try removing the vinyl while the paint is still a bit wet. That way the vinyl won't pull the paint off the surface...

Stu,

It's called stage carving. Gives your images a 3 dimensional look. You pull parts of the image off in stages while you blast which will make some deeper than others. If you're not a memeber already you should join www.cuttingedgesandcarving.com forum. Many many knowledgeable and helpful sand carvers there. You can also google it "stage carving" and lots to read. I'm sure there are youtube videos on it also. The difficulty for me is figuring out which pieces to pull in which stage lol cause you're doing everything backwards.

Stu,

It's called stage carving. Gives your images a 3 dimensional look. You pull parts of the image off in stages while you blast which will make some deeper than others. If you're not a memeber already you should join www.cuttingedgesandcarving.com forum. Many many knowledgeable and helpful sand carvers there. You can also google it "stage carving" and lots to read. I'm sure there are youtube videos on it also. The difficulty for me is figuring out which pieces to pull in which stage lol cause you're doing everything backwards.

Thanks for the great info Helping, I'm backwards... so i'm going to look into this heheeeh :blink: