Sign in to follow this  
maddogsrfr81

Newbie from Florida

John from Daytona here, I learned a lot from the site and hope to give back some soon.

I ordered the Creation PCut 24 with stand and it should be here tomorrow. I had to keep a tight budget on this business venture, but hopefully I'll be forced to upgrade. I have a degree in digital media and have thought about getting into vinyl cutting for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Plan on doing advertising signs and automotive decals mostly. I am working on starting a project where a % of the money will go to a charity that will change monthly.

I'm pretty excited and hope my graphic design experience will easily convert to vectors to cut vinyl.

Thanks for all the info on this site!

Welcome . I bet you loved the traffic this past weekend :huh:

Welcome Daytona!

I sure miss that town!!! Used to go there all the time, did a lot of painting there too!

Hope to see your stuff once you get your rig!

welcome

Thanks everyone. I actually spend this whole weekend(minus some late hours at the bar) learning the machine and software and doing a lot of pen testing on paper. I am waiting for it to send my first cuts to the plotter now. 2 hours waiting.....

Thanks everyone. I actually spend this whole weekend(minus some late hours at the bar) learning the machine and software and doing a lot of pen testing on paper. I am waiting for it to send my first cuts to the plotter now. 2 hours waiting.....

2 hours waiting for what? :unsure: welcome

2 hours waiting for what? :unsure: welcome

Should only take seconds to send something to the cutter..?? :huh:

Not sure your doing something correctly...

Welcome

Should only take seconds to send something to the cutter..?? :huh:

Not sure your doing something correctly...

Welcome

after waiting an hour I learned that. Now it got it working quickly and finally got the blade dept right. Now trying to control where the blade starts since i am trying to use scraps vs. new stuff every time. Also, I have noticed the limitations either from a 45 blade or my 630. I have a client who wants this logo 1 inch tall logo and the .com on the end doesn't cut well because it is smaller than the 1 inch font.

You will be able to do that when you get experience . Reading & beating you head against the wall will get you that :) . Blade exposure . blade pressure & knowing what fonts cut better at small sizes will make it a breeze after awhile .