I have 3 banners to do for a customer.

Banners are 4x8 with simple one color text which reads: WE DO CATERING

555-555-5555

What would you charge.  I am here in Wisconsin.

Thanks much for all the help.

depends on your area the sign guide price book says $162.00 for the first one then $143.00 for each addtional one

Yeah i was thinking more like $5 PSF but if they actually got all 3 at the same time i would do $4.50 PSF

Hmmmmm, the online Sign Price Calculator comes in at a

whopping $240 each!!!   

It's usually not that far out of wack.

Sue2

sign price calculators are worthless. They don't take into account the area you live and what the competition is charging.

It's like houses...a house here that sells for $200k would sell for 10 times that in some areas of the country.

Calculators are good for maybe one thing...telling you how much you have IN a job. How much you charge is up to you.Simple fact: The Market determines the price. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I won't even touch a banner.  They print them around here for as low as $2/SF.  When I quote a banner, they are usually trying to get it cheaper than that.  I quote $5/SF.  If they want to pay that, I'll do a banner.  In just over 2 years here, I haven't done one yet.

funny,that. Banners and coroplast is almost all I do, and I have no problem at all getting the prices I ask. Of course, printed banners around here go for $10 or so a square foot. Funny what a difference a few hundred miles makes.

funny,that. Banners and coroplast is almost all I do, and I have no problem at all getting the prices I ask. Of course, printed banners around here go for $10 or so a square foot. Funny what a difference a few hundred miles makes.

Your not kidding John, I just did a banner today for a customer thats 2.5 hours away and I charged $640.00 for it. I could never get that for it here. They were very happy with that price too!

I do lots of corroplast.  Yard signs are hit or miss.  Half the calls I get are people trying to beat online screen printing prices of $1 or less per sign.  We've done quite a few of the larger political signs (4'x4') in smaller quantities.  To get these screen printed online, they have to buy in quantity to get a decent price, but then shipping ends up being more than the signs.

I've had a few banners printed for our steel shop by a printer downtown.  Factoring time and materials, it's cheaper for me to have them printed than to make them myself. 

You need to find the niches where you can compete....

We've found them.  That's why we don't do banners. :lol:

We ended up doing them for $125 each.  They turned out great.  Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it.