jmatson

Nascar Tribal Flames

for some, it's gone beyond sharing. people, like you, are taking advantage of the generosity of people that are in this business to make their mortgage payment. look back at your recent posts. all of your stuff is either simple, or something that could be found at a place like brands of the world. yet, you won't even do that. so you come on here and ask for someone to do something, for you for free, and you go out and sell it and make money off of it. indirectly taking food right off the table from the very people who are nice enough to help you. i am all for helping people that wanna learn. but sometimes, especially when someone posts up an image like this to be vectored, it's obvious that some just feel that they don't need to learn as long as someone else is doing it for them. is this the way you run the rest of your life? do you have people continually do stuff for you so that you can profit from it? this business is so easy to learn right now it's ridiculous. there are more tutorials on youtube to show you how to do this, than you could watch in a year. so, in the end, no......i won't share. for you sir, it's time to fish, or cut bait.

for any of the new people reading this, i hope that i have not turned you off to asking for help. there is a HUGE difference in asking for help, and asking for others to simply do your work for you. i will help any way i can if you truly want to learn.

go megacab,,,, i was once a new guy,, but as soon as i took the time to learn a few tricks in AI or Signblazer, i learned ,,, its too bad people dont want to take advantage and learn anymore, these people just want it handed to them, this forum has taught me alot, just search and u will find,, i owe alot to people like dakota fx that encouraged me to try befor requestin,,,

i hate the people that take and dont give,,,,

good lookin out mega,,

Not to be a 'me too' but I don't blame megacab a bit, seems a lot ask for help but some of this stuff a 3 year old could do with a box of crayons (yes, I know some very talented 3 year olds!)

Nothing wrong with getting a few pointers but at some point you need to quit asking someone for the answers and learn to work out the solution on your own.

H3ll, I'm a noob, never touched a cutter or worked with eps before a few months ago, but have figured out how to vector my own images and excluding some brief moments of stupidity, I usually hit google when i get stuck. I would rather attempt to find the solution myself than have someone take the time to do the work for me. Can't speak for anyone else but I consider my time - my money

- speaking of money, gotta open the shop in a few hours so i'm outta here!  :thumbsup:

Give it a try.  download  www.inkscape.org  Free software.

Vectorising in Inkscape

SolutionThis walk through explains the basics of vectorising in Inkscape.

Step 1) Import your image. Click File>Import, find your file and click OK.

Step 2) Select the image, go to the top of the screen, click Path>Trace Bitmap.

Step 3) The Trace Bitmap menu will then open. Here you can select how you want your image vectorised and adjust the settings. You can also generate a preview. Once you are happy with the preview click OK and close the Trace Bitmap screen.

Step 4) Now you will have your new vector image and the old raster (bitmap, jpeg, gif etc) image stacked on top of each other. Seperate the two and delete the raster.

Step 5) Play around with your new vector image!

or hire Joe Camaro

www.decalization.com

or drakesis

www.excaliburcreations.com

both do great work with reasonable rates.

Btw i do know how to trace it. i thought maybe you would be a nice person and share it. Since i am being a nice person and Sharing my whole damn collection with this whole forum. i guess i'll stop being nice also.

Here is what i did in 2 mins. it's close not perfect.

I only ask for stuff if i don't know how. or just don't have time. I'm not out to make this stuff for a profit. the market is already flooded. I have this machine for my personal use. For my Wife's Racecar. and for my Uncle's business. 

adfs.eps

adfs.eps

Btw i do know how to trace it. i thought maybe you would be a nice person and share it. Since i am being a nice person and Sharing my whole damn collection with this whole forum. i guess i'll stop being nice also.

Here is what i did in 2 mins. it's close not perfect.

I only ask for stuff if i don't know how. or just don't have time. I'm not out to make this stuff for a profit. the market is already flooded. I have this machine for my personal use. For my Wife's Racecar. and for my Uncle's business. 

i'm really not trying to single you out, as there are plenty of people that come here and want nothing more than for others to do their work for them. you see it everyday here. but you make zero sense...it is an easy trace, why even ask here if someone has it. if you are such a nice guy, then trace it and post it up. as for the market being flooded, you are correct. the market is flooded with guys and gals making single color, copyrighted decals all day long. that's why alot of us are doing different things. it sets you apart from everyone with a $500 cutter and inkscape. you also may or may not understand that when you post something like this up, you and the 2 or 3 people that say thanks aren't the only ones now that will be cutting this decal. the file will say that it's been downloaded 60 times. now there will be 55+ other people that will be cutting this decal and selling them at places like ebay. all of a sudden, the people that were getting 5-8 dollars for this decal will have to deal with some douche who is selling them for 1-2 dollars. i'm done being on my soapbox, some will never get it, and you are correct.....the market will stay flooded and even get worse. good luck man.

your design isn't just a simple trace.   so if no one wants to volunteer their help to redesign it. , for whatever reason.  then get someone like Joe Camaro or Drakesis. they are very reasonable.  then your image won't be plastered all over the forum. and EBAY etc.  it will be between you and them.  

or hire Joe Camaro

www.decalization.com

or drakesis

www.excaliburcreations.com

both do great work with reasonable rates.  

and alot of the older more experienced designers/tracers, etc have left this forum.  So, there are more and more new people on here just like yourself.  And they have to learn also, because no one is gonna do their work either, unless it's hired out. 

I have asked for help on here too but now I am a little hesitant to ask, I am new at this I can do the cutting but for working with the conversion software I am not really up on it and cant get things to convert, I am sorry if anyone was inconvenienced by my requests. 

all that most of the old timers ask is you attempt to learn and they will gladly help you.  the ones that ask constantly I need i I need I need get old.  show your attempts and people will gladly help you learn how to do it!  many people only come around when the need something even years later and never take the time to learn how to do it themselves

I for one dont mind helping and consider it payback for all the help (and harassment!) I get.

And MY complaining wasn't being directed at anyone (esp jmatson), it was more of a 'i feel your pain' to megacab

My issues and probably a lot of others on here is the helping part is 1 sided

Most of the work (for me) involved in vectoring is the cleanup of the original image and i use mspaint which comes with every version of windows so i know 97% of the people requesting help could have done at least SOME of the cleanup. Maybe they dont have a steady hand to do detail work but come on, they could put some effort into it.

Just like everyone that works in my shop, I'll let you watch me do something the 1st time, then I'll watch over your shoulder and catch mistakes, if you dont learn to do it after a few attempts, then you're pretty much out the door. Feel the same with the people requesting the help, if you cant do what the business/hobby requires maybe they should look elsewhere...?

Megacrab I could write a tutorial of how to build a home,or wire or plumb a house and maybe you could do it right off maybe not. My point is some people like myself may not pick up on the process as quick as others and may need a little more help. It is quite simple if some one ask for a graphic or help if you feel like you want to help do so if not why degrade them? I believe that  is what this forum is about to be a community of people that communicate and maybe help their neighbor when possible. And by the way if I have a graphic that you can use and make a shit load of money off of you are welcome to it. The old man that taught me electrical and helped me get licensed wasn't worried that I may make a profit off his experience he just wanted to share and help some one that wanted to learn and did not get pissed if I asked  more than one question or for advice. Over the 45 years that I have been in the building field I have taught many young persons the trades some that worked for me then left me and went to work for them self and I had no remorse for them making money off my training and expertise.

There is a big difference between "helping" and doing someone's work for them....Some folks seem to never want to learn how to do things on their own...Now this is not being directed to any specific person and/or meaning anyone in this thread....

Megacrab I could write a tutorial of how to build a home,or wire or plumb a house and maybe you could do it right off maybe not. My point is some people like myself may not pick up on the process as quick as others and may need a little more help. It is quite simple if some one ask for a graphic or help if you feel like you want to help do so if not why degrade them? I believe that  is what this forum is about to be a community of people that communicate and maybe help their neighbor when possible. And by the way if I have a graphic that you can use and make a shit load of money off of you are welcome to it. The old man that taught me electrical and helped me get licensed wasn't worried that I may make a profit off his experience he just wanted to share and help some one that wanted to learn and did not get pissed if I asked  more than one question or for advice. Over the 45 years that I have been in the building field I have taught many young persons the trades some that worked for me then left me and went to work for them self and I had no remorse for them making money off my training and expertise.

guess you didn't read my post at all. i didn't say anything about giving a little more help. but you didn't see that. you saw what you wanted in the post, not what i wrote. good day sparky...

There is a big difference between "helping" and doing someone's work for them....Some folks seem to never want to learn how to do things on their own...Now this is not being directed to any specific person and/or meaning anyone in this thread....

:lol:

I can't believe how rude everyone has become on this forum. If you sign up at another forum called Signs101, they'll be more than happy to help ya out with your little projects. Be sure to mention you're cutting your own stickers, so you don't have to pay an outrageous price at a sign shop.

Hey KnuckleHead ,

How have you been ? The forum was a mess for awhile , but has actually gotten much more civil . I understand what some are saying , but if you look at the post count , they are new members .The Old Timers seem to have vanished altough some are getting active again . The stagnant mood had me stayig away also . I think as a forum we can get it back to the very nice place it was . I think we need to get Jenl93 ( Jenny 867-5309 ) back to being more active , she is a great gal & made the mood great . I have to give GREAT props to SPEEDY , she has been doing alot & is the most helpfull member here . She not only posts the most help , but almost always posts first ... hence the name I bet :lol:

YW Speedy ,

I'm glad to make someones day better , especially when just stating the facts  :lol: You really do a great job at helping & looking up stuff for members . With new vinyl cutters coming to the forum, the same old questions get asked a zillion times & some get tired of it , some get tired when it seems some want the work done for them . I am a fan of being able to say things as they are , but it is easy to take some things personally even if it was not meant that way .