Guest Schramm

What do you think - Which way should I go??? Please respond!

Guest Schramm

This is what I designed for my van, I am tossing back and forth on which size I should go for.  I like both sizes but I cannot figure which size to do.  Tell me what you think....

post-0-12986552711919_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298655271242_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986552726032_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986552726393_thumb.jpg

I like them both. What I would do is try to figure out a way to go with the #2, but try to stretch it across the rectangle, maybe add a bit more info or somethiung

The bigger one definetely looks better.  You might even try expanding the graphic to the bottom, and the leave the text like it is. 

The smaller one looks lonely with all that space.  Like something's missing.

Guest Schramm

I like them both. What I would do is try to figure out a way to go with the #2, but try to stretch it across the rectangle, maybe add a bit more info or somethiung

Great advise and something that I hadn't thought of, here is the revision and one that I know I will like..  What do you think now???

post-0-12986552712858_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986552726742_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

Here is a close up of the design

post-0-12986552713351_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986552727089_thumb.jpg

Schramm, I ahve been looking at your posts for quite some time now. You do amazing work. I personally like the all black (larger size), but then I would because I am a silhouette artist and black and white really appeals to me. I have learned a lot from you concerning glass etching. Check out my website www.azsilhouetteartist.com. I will be opening a store online in which I will be offering personalized silhouettes etched in glass. Quadi

Rob I like the third but would really like to see that style with a BIG graphic all the way down the side of the van.  I think it would be more of an attention getter

Rob I like the third but would really like to see that style with a BIG graphic all the way down the side of the van.  I think it would be more of an attention getter

+1

Guest Schramm

Wow such mixed opinions.  I am going to cut the graphic today for the layout of the third one and then decide if I like it.  Right now my van is white and I have nothing on it.  I dont drive much as I work almost all the time from home but when I do go out it is either the city (chicago) or my fabricators shop (peoria) either way I would get a ton of local exposure from that.

Guest Schramm

Schramm, I ahve been looking at your posts for quite some time now. You do amazing work. I personally like the all black (larger size), but then I would because I am a silhouette artist and black and white really appeals to me. I have learned a lot from you concerning glass etching. Check out my website www.azsilhouetteartist.com. I will be opening a store online in which I will be offering personalized silhouettes etched in glass. Quadi

I too do a lot of silhouette work and it is now and always has been my favorite style.  As a decorative painter you learn that not everything is black and white however you do not have to stay with the old standby black and white and still layout some really cool silhouette work.  Nice site!

Great advise and something that I hadn't thought of, here is the revision and one that I know I will like..  What do you think now???

really feeling the third one

Guest Marek

I just want to say I'm a fan of your work .. I also agree ..go big ..be proud .. here is a large layout that I would suggest - you have the space so why not use  it .

myvan2copy.jpg

I like the third one I like color to attract attention you have a mobile billboard with a van might as well make use of it. I really think the color will attract attention so people look at it then will notice the intricate design.  Drawing attention is the main motive to advertisement I once saw a ad that started with SEX in bold red letters than read now that I have your attention then the ad continued just my 2 cents

Dan

I just want to say I'm a fan of your work .. I also agree ..go big ..be proud .. here is a large layout that I would suggest - you have the space so why not use  it .

myvan2copy.jpg

Re proportion the lettering but that is the idea! - even carry the design somehow onto the door

Great advise and something that I hadn't thought of, here is the revision and one that I know I will like..  What do you think now???

Ok, :) how the heck do you take your van and put a demo decal on it? is this a program? or do you use photoshop??

Guest kenya

I use Corel X4.

Create your design or layout in .eps, then take a photo of the van & import it into Corel.

Lay the design over the photo, save as .jpeg & post on forum.....viola.  :D

BTW Rob, I like #3 also.  :):thumbsup:

I use Corel X4.

Create your design or layout in .eps, then take a photo of the van & import it into Corel.

Lay the design over the photo, save as .jpeg & post on forum.....viola.  :D

BTW Rob, I like #3 also.  :):thumbsup:

thank you... would photoshop do the same thing~!

AND i like #3~!! surely amazing!