Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Dear New Bie Newbie Noobie . . .Search box is you freind

Its a little overwhelming when you get a new cutter but a vast majority of questions asked when getting a cutter are answered in the New bie manual http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,17489.0.html or can be found with a search.  you will find your answer quicker with less frustrations as there is many years of knowledge covering most problems that happen.

You have entered into a great Family and will make many friends here.  There is no better place to learn

We have all been there and are here to help. The best tool to start is the search box!

Hey American actually,   that is how CRD wrote the post  for the Manual so it should get them there   LOL  

MANUAL FOR NEW BIE - HOW TO START FROM NOTHING TO YOUR FIRST CUT

Hey American actually,   that is how CRD wrote the post  for the Manual so it should get them there   LOL  

MANUAL FOR NEW BIE - HOW TO START FROM NOTHING TO YOUR FIRST CUT

lol Actually I had done a Search before posting using "newbie"and this thread did not show up. ;D I just found it funny is all.

He fixed it now. ;D

The questions will still be asked no matter how many times anyone makes a plea post like these, just the way of the forums on any topic or subject matter that you go to. They all request that you use the search function First before posting, but the same questions are asked again and again.

Alot of the times the search functions on forums just don't work all that well either.

I've used the search function here many times. Maybe half the time I can't find what I am looking for.

The forums are here for people to help each other. If a question is asked over and over..so what? If you want to help,answer it. If you don't...don't answer it. I don't mind answering the same questions over and over,because I realize that most people get their cutters with little or NO instructions on how to actually use them.Not even a note to remove the masking tape from the cutting strip.

If you are a total newbie...you really can't get much use from the search feature becauise you don't really know what to search for. And you are sitting looking at an expensive piece of hardware that you can't figure out.

Ask away, newbies..I don't mind helping. You see, I can remember when I was green too. And I could really embarass a lot of the old pros on here by digging up some of their first posts.

This wasn't meant to be a slam of any type, just to point out the benefits of the search that might not have been thought about anyways.  I personally am still learning new things every week.

Ask away, newbies..I don't mind helping. You see, I can remember when I was green too. And I could really embarass a lot of the old pros on here by digging up some of their first posts.

john, you are a man among men.

bb

.Not even a note to remove the masking tape from the cutting strip.

lol, yeah, that would be a very good idea. i had to ask that myself  :thumbsup:

and i too have used the search function on this and many other forums like this. i have been looking fro threads that i KNOW were there, and still had to search for hours to find them, the search function is not always an end all answer, even for faq's.

.Not even a note to remove the masking tape from the cutting strip.

lol, yeah, that would be a very good idea. i had to ask that myself  :thumbsup:

and i too have used the search function on this and many other forums like this. i have been looking fro threads that i KNOW were there, and still had to search for hours to find them, the search function is not always an end all answer, even for faq's.

yeah I've had that happen too...very frustrating to not be able to find a thread that you know is out there.

I wish this forum would undergo some changes. I mentioned awhile back in the "site suggestions" thread about using a different forum software or adding the ability to keep track of pages. This forum is so hard to do a lot of things. One thing, is finding a thread that you have posted in. Many, many times I forget where I even posted anything. Search feature isn't the greatest. I'm guessing it's the type forum software.

but many times I've seen the same questions asked and be on the same page lol.

Wow .... I don't care how you spell it. I was a newqwertybie once .. the one thing I am greatful for was that this forum NEVER was like that 101 thing ( now that I think of it there have been posts that that have that odor .... please stop or leave

This forum has a very understanding member list. And help the people out all the time. It's nice to come on here and have the great members that take the time to help. Thats why I love it on here.

I get on signs101 a lot and you just need to have a thick skin over there. Theres a lot of help that you can't get from here, but that's because there are tons of pros who do this for a living and are very successful. I've noticed the people who post up stuff and show they want to improve the members begin to help more and more.

Some times on here people get a little too hurt by comments. When they post something up in the "Show your work" and ask for comments and don't get the sugar coated "thats so great" they get mad.

I am a member on numerous forums. One thing I can guarantee that you will ALLWAYS see  is;

1.) No matter how much you money spend on any brand of machine there will be posts of people having some problems with it

2.) People will ask the same newbie question over and over again.

Banner John said it best  :thumbsup: " Ask away, newbies..I don't mind helping. You see, I can remember when I was green too. And I could really embarass a lot of the old pros on here by digging up some of their first posts."

Wow how a reminder about searching and the newbie manual really went south . . . Sorry i opened that can of worms now :thumbsup:

I guess another case of not being able to express intent over the net.  Took on the wrong tone altogether

I think the solution would be to print out the newbie manual and include it with every cutter. If not, post it on the USC website. But I like the idea of printing it.

I think the solution would be to print out the newbie manual and include it with every cutter. If not, post it on the USC website. But I like the idea of printing it.

Absolutely