Sign in to follow this  
wwpro

Best material for hood wrap

Ok, after "getting what I paid for"  my elcheapo hood paint job is peeling, looks awful being a black car.

Is a 1.8T 2002 Black Jetta, love the car, but I don't want to paint it again, so since I'm in the vinyl biz now  ;D I'd like to know what you guys recommend to get that done. I'd love to wrap it with a carbon-fiber-look-a-like but want something subtle, almost black. Either way, I go subtle or completely crazy, but leaning towards discretion.

One more question, should I get a roll or partial roll that exceed the length or width of the hood or can I have seams without affecting it's durability ?

Thanks for your time.  ;)

Just have someone print the carbon fiber on good vinyl for you...Im sure you can find a printer on here somewhere...

ff extreme, bayshore, myself, and i thnk John does some printing also :lol:

I just returned from a 2 day rap class and I would have to say the Oracal 3951 or 3551  with the Oracal 290F Laminate would be good the stuff was so easy to work with! If I can be any help just let me know

@ FF-extreme

where did you go for wrap classes, I would like to take some because solvent printer will be in on Monday .

Thanks

D.

I traveled to MD for the class. It was sponsored by Oracal taught by Wade Davis from Image graphics 2000 truly an awesome class first half of first day class room for the business side of wrapping, how to sell it materials things like that. 2nd half and all 2nd day wrapping a car all hands on. it was a blast, well worth the money and travel

neron15210 if you bought the machine new see if your sales rep can get you into one of the classes for free.

Thanks for replay FF.Any suggestion is more then welcome.

I've bought used Roland, so free classes are out of question.

Now I'm spending nights reading and trying to learn as muck as I can.

Hey Neron, I dont know where you are in PA but I went to the class that Beacon Graphics has and it was pretty good. They are in Branchburg NJ.

Also you might want to consider the nbm show coming up in August in Baltimore. They have good wrap seminars there.

Beacon did tell me they were planning a class in the next month or 2 give them a call and find out.