nbeaton

Lost my grangmother today

My grandmother passed away today at a 101 years old. She could tell you stories her mother had told her about the Trail of Tears. Yes she was full blooded Cherokee and man when she got mad you had better watch out. I will miss her dearly.

Guest kenya

Sorry for your loss.

The cherished memories of your grandmother will ease your pain.

Guest fivestar

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Sorry to hear you lost your Grandmother. I still miss mine but treasure all the memories. I would have loved to hear her stories. I've always been interested in Native American culture since a young girl. Used to tell my Mother, perhaps she was wrong and maybe I was part Indian..... on MANY occasions she would let me know this just wasn't the case lol. Take care and pass those stories down through your children.

I'm sorry for your loss - Remember the good times and they will always be near.

I lost a dear friend a few weeks ago. He was in his 90's.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my grandmother in 1976 just shy of her 86th birthday. But she is still with me to this day. I feel her by my side frequently.

101 is a long time on this earth! Your family is very lucky to have had her around all that time...I am sorry to hear of you loss!

nbeaton, I am sorry for your loss, she sounds like a awesome woman, she will remain in your heart forever,

Hugs,

Sandy Jo

MMM

Thank you all. Yes she was here along time and she will stay in my heart and the memories will live on.

Sorry for the delay, I'm very sorry for your loss, but agree with the others:

Keep those stories she told the family going and how great to have her on this earth that long....

We laid my grandmother to rest on Sat. It was an awesome services. I found out that the last 2 months she was alive that she spoke nothing but Cherokee language so everything that was said was in both cherokee and English. And the Indian artifacts that she was decorated in was awesome. There was a Quartet that sang songs in Cherokee also.

Thank you all and God bless

Sounds like it was a beautiful service! I'm sorry for your loss, We laid my father inlaw to rest a few weeks ago, Its so hard to lose a loved one and you will feel the loss forever, but take comfort in the fact that she touched many lives and had a wonderful life, her legacy will live on forever.

Renee

I am sorry for your loss. I lost one of my grandmothers last year, 10 days short of her 100 th birthday. I always loved to listen to their stories.