Sign in to follow this  
nbeaton

My husband had a

i am sorry to hear that,, is he at home or hosp..

How are you doing?

MMM

Sorry to hear!!! Did he make it through? Did they put a stint in, or are they going to do bypass surgery? my thoughts are with you and yours!

Please keep us updated.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope everything will turn out okay.

He had a blocked valve at 90% they went in a put a stint in and hes doing better now so much better he got to come home yesterday. this was the first one so the doc said theres no damage. Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts. He does have to more blockages but the doc wont do anything for them until they are 75% blocked. One is 20% blocked and the other which is the main valve is 50% blocked. He is on 6 different meds and the doc said they hope this helps the other 2 thats blocked to keep them from clogging up more.

Again thank you all.

Me I am better now cause all I could think of was that I would never talk to him ever again.

Nancy

Oh Nancy, my heart goes out to you....how scary that had to be for you!

I'm so thankful that your husband is better and at home.  Still so scary for him as well.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that things continue to go well.

Jenny

You are welcome....if you ever need anything, just ask.

I just hope there isn't anything 'in the water'......2 weeks in a row....I mean come on!

Guest fivestar

Nancy I'm so sorry to hear that, but it's great news that there was no damage.

So sorry ot hear it Nancy but happy to hear they got it in time. He got a warning....a second chance,like I did. THat's how I look at it anyway...time to pay attention to what I eat....things like that. A Lot of people don't get the second chance. Tell him to do what he;s told...that's important.

Best to you and him!

Nancy, I'm so sorry you both had such a scare. Great to hear they were able to put a stint in and no damage. My Dad had a few stints put in last year and has been doing better since. I can't imagine the scare when going through such, my husband is my best friend. You'll both be in our thoughts and prayers.

+ 1  :angel: , scary times !!!

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Yes Jenn I was wondering to if it was the water......lol. I just wished they would have fixed the main one but was told they wont until its 75% blocked. I have a friend and she had her husband up there with the same thing going on with him but he didn't go through the ER like mine did and they bumped him and took my husband right on in. I told her I was sorry and she said it was ok cause her husband walked in and was waiting to see the doc. Mine had colapsed when he got out of the truck at the ER door.

Yes my husband is mybest friend too and all I could think about was if I was going to make it to him in time. But the docs told him if his boss and another coworker had not got him there when they did it would have been worse. I told them that they are his angels. I would like for him to take the week off to rest up.

Banner we are like you we started eating the right things yesterday when we got him home. No more junk foods and yes you both got a second chance. Glad to see you here to John keep up the good work and get well.

Thank you all again.

Nancy

JOhn and Nancy, If you guys are going to change your diet,

her are some things i know,

Avoid eating white,, one of the main surgeons at the mayo clinc told me , one day,, avoid white,foods,, and you will never have to be on my table.

or anything that will not melt in your hand as far as a solid, that turns to liquid.

What does not melt in your hand, clogs arterties.

No lard

No Crisco

No white sugar

No white bleached Flour

these are a few

yes to olive oil

yes to butter

yes to wheat

and most important lots of oatmeal

I have tried to live by this,  I have a ton of recipes if you guys want some.

When you would normally bake, instead of white sugar put honey. you body uses it different,,

try to stay away from splenda and equal. they are synthetic

I make pies cookie, muffins, and carmels truffles, and all kinds of things,, white sugar is for my hummingbirds,, or guests for coffee..

sometimes i loose control and start sugar, and then crave it, and it makes me feel nasty,,, get back on my Honey, and I am good ..and lots of energy,,

Maybe we should start a healty recipe thread?

I hope this helps.

MonkeyMeMe

MMM you just sub honey for equal parts sugar, when called for in a recipe?? Does it drastically change the taste? I'm not much for sweets to begin with, luckily.

Maybe we should start a healty recipe thread?

I hope this helps.

MonkeyMeMe

That's such an awesome idea! If not a thread, would you be willing to share your recipes with me? I can post them up on a web page for everyone to download if you'd like to share with the masses.

I love honey and would love to try some of the recipes that have some ... actually I would really like to look at the any and all of your recipes. A few members of my family have cholesterol issues, which I know can lead to all kinds of bad things (sigh).

Started a thread,,

for your family with choles problems do you know oatmeal, not only is great fiber,, it helps lower colestr now,,,

I make a oatmeal muffin , with no flour, no sugar, no oil,, .I will post it , in the other thread,,

and please post recipes everyone else has,,,,

Monkey MeMe

I am sorry to hear about your husband. I am glad that he is doing better.

I am also glad that everyone is getting excited about eating healthy! My mother is a huge health nut, she doesn't cook with anything processed what so ever. All organic foods, no conventional flower, hardly any dairy. It is a very crazy diet and I do not follow most of it but she has done a ton of research on nutrition and I sure am glad that she did! Eating healthy makes you feel great! Like MMM said, if I eat processed sugar now I can REALLY feel the difference. It almost feels like I got punched in the stomach or something. Avoiding the white is great advice. Nearly always if something you are eating is white it got that way from bleach. I am sure I do not need to say this but bleach is terrible for you! I am excited for your healthy recipe thread, hopefully I can get a few choice recipes to add.

Levi you should have your Mom add some recipes to MMM's other thread for healthy recipes. The problem is finding recipes that will still taste good while taking out the white stuff.

Levi you should have your Mom add some recipes to MMM's other thread for healthy recipes. The problem is finding recipes that will still taste good while taking out the white stuff.

I will have her hop on here at some point. She has been working hard at developing her own alternative recipes for about 5 years now so she has some good ones.