Edward Sativa

editing for sublimation

Does anyone know of an entry level editing software for sublimation? I'm knew to this but looks like fun. As an example of what I'd like to do is lay text over image, and cut away the all the image with the exception of whats in the text. For instance, The United States Flag with the text "Land of the free, Home of the brave with the U.S. flag image only visible in the letters. Thanks in advance. A lot of you guys are pros at this, im just a novice.

like this. I used Ps and the magic wand select copy and paste. very easy.

post-42519-0-22804700-1418722149_thumb.j

I do that in corel with the powerclip function. Most programs can do this but entry level is pretty vague. If you're looking for free check out inkscape or GIMP but be aware all software has a learning curve

• Like 2

hey Jaybird,

if you can print from Ink for Sub can i also print from SCAL? I was just reading on Coastal that you must print from PS or Corel ? Why would they say that if it is not true ? I do not have any fancy photo programs so i needed to ask..

From the website:

Preparing your artwork: artwork.jpg
The heart of your design is the image. You can create original artwork, customize scanned clip art, use ready-made designs or even utilize photographs from your digital camera. Though you can create your design in any design program, you must print it from Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements or CorelDraw.

In order for the profiles to work it may need to be through a program like corel but that just a guess. I've printed straight from a jpg on the desktop before with satisfactory results and the only time I notice the color change is in parts I actually draw in the program like text. Without the profile it tends to be off a little but files I've converted to jpg I've printed from just about every program I have with acceptable results however I don't recall every printing from scalp.

• Like 2

Depending on the type of printer and what version of drivers you are working with, there may be settings for color profiles within the printing preferences, or you may have color sliders that you can use to tweak the final output.

Base your color selections on how it looks after you press it, not on how it looks fresh out of the printer.

post-24492-0-11466700-1421006619_thumb.p

• Like 1

Witch epson wk would you recomend? Im not putting out high quantity, but I'm getting small orders weekly. Just doing vinyl press right now. But this looks like a lot of fun! P.S. ive said before and ill say it agian. You guys are awesome!

Witch epson wk would you recomend? Im not putting out high quantity, but I'm getting small orders weekly. Just doing vinyl press right now. But this looks like a lot of fun! P.S. ive said before and ill say it agian. You guys are awesome!

Edward, i bought the WF 7610. I haven't used it yet tho.

Thanks OW, i see you run CISS on an Epson so i may be hitting you up for instructions when my ink gets here. :)

Thanks OW, i see you run CISS on an Epson so i may be hitting you up for instructions when my ink gets here. :)

You can also call Cobraink (assuming that is where your CIS system is coming from). I use a mac and was told that mac's need to run through a program capable of using the ICC profiles (AI in my case) but it sounded like windows based programs might load the profiles in the printer end rather than the design program end. This based on a couple comments Richard made while on the phone with me giving free help and advice on set-up of my sub ink prints. They are a fantastic company BTW.

• Like 1

like this. I used Ps and the magic wand select copy and paste. very easy.

Is the O in the second line supposed to be empty like that?   I just now noticed that...