Sign in to follow this  
mabscotthandyman

Early winter

Left the house at 8 this morning and it was 31. Being from upstate NY originally I'm not complaining although warmer is better.

I rode around today with the AC off and Windows and sunroof open.  

I got to say it was a good day.   

I rode the mower thru the snow to pick up some extra 4 step camper steps (bought extra set to sell next spring) to take to the barn, got out the snow blower, brought car out of barn to get ready to take for recall monday, found out car recall parts were not in, put car back in barn thru snow, . . . . .then had coffee!!

My winter motto is "If it's above zero and the wind isn't blowing, then it's a good day!"

Is that just winter?

It changes a little bit depending on the season. As long as my buffalo starts up it's all good :lol:

• Like 1

We get cold and a lot of snow in our little region we are fairly high around 3500 ft and have a ski resort about 14 miles from my house. But on the flip side when other places are roasting during the summer we are usally comfortable here the average summer high around 77

ROUND TWO is on the way here and already hit several places hard. We are not going to get a terrible lot of snow but frigid temps with our lows in the liw single digits and wind chills well in the negative zero range.

Tomorrows high around 15

ROUND TWO is on the way here and already hit several places hard. We are not going to get a terrible lot of snow but frigid temps with our lows in the liw single digits and wind chills well in the negative zero range. Tomorrows high around 15

Just south of you at the VA/WV line (Winchester) and they're calling for a high of 28 here tomorrow.

I guess we knew it was coming but that's downright cold!

:angry: AND we don't want to hear from you people "suffering" with 50s & 60s!!!

Sue2

• Like 2

Icy this morning, drive an hour to have truck looked and before they pull it in they think they need to order parts to fix it. Really of you can tell that without looking at it why didn't you order parts before i drove am he each way and will have to do it again

We aren't as bad as you guys but it was still single digits this morning and we got about an inch of snow over the weekend. Right now it's about 20. 

Rode my motorcycle to work in freezing fog this morning, 18 degrees, in Southeastern Washington State. Frozen fingers and toes, but no Ice on the roads, so I'm still rolling on two wheels for a while longer. I rode to work for all but two shifts last year, so we'll see what I can get done this year. =) 

• Like 1

Free shipping? Got some friends in Florida that need some, no matter what they say :)

• Like 2

Free shipping? Got some friends in Florida that need some, no matter what they say :)

Were Good

post-2057-0-81936600-1416318150_thumb.jp

Bill, we are getting snow thru Thursday, sun Friday and slush starting Saturday.  I am so not digging this right now.  I am betting it is going to be another winter where I miss the snow mobiles but I am not buying more, cause if you do the snow will not come back for years

Bill, we are getting snow thru Thursday, sun Friday and slush starting Saturday.  I am so not digging this right now.  I am betting it is going to be another winter where I miss the snow mobiles but I am not buying more, cause if you do the snow will not come back for years

For that reason alone I'd buy snowmobiles to scare away the snow.

• Like 2

expensive deterrent though Jay.  and if they are here and no snow I would HAVE to take them up north for expensive weekends to ride.  it is beautiful up north

this was the day the discovery shuttle blew up (when we stopped for lunch in 2003

post-2742-0-40532800-1416342496_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-55820600-1416342517_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-29774700-1416342532_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Were Good

It has been several years but i have seen drifts not quite that extreme but 8-10 ft high its like going through a tunnel three or four years ago i posted a photo of some pretty good drifts.

Storm of 78 we was jumping off 2nd story houses after shoveling roofs, don't think I would do that now even if we had that much snow

• Like 1