Sign in to follow this  
The Elvis Legacy

ETCHED FRONT DOOR

Nice work. I think I would have pulled it off personally but regardless of method it looks awesome. 

Very nice! Just got into glass etching, showed my wife, now she wants a new front door...

• Like 1

That looks really cool. How do you etch something that size? I recently cut a simple bear silouette for a friend who was going to etch the door on a cabin his father-in-law was building, but he was going to etch the bear shape, not the whole door and I think he was going to use etching cream from a craft store.

That looks really cool. How do you etch something that size? I recently cut a simple bear silouette for a friend who was going to etch the door on a cabin his father-in-law was building, but he was going to etch the bear shape, not the whole door and I think he was going to use etching cream from a craft store.

I did it the hard way...lol  I did use a compressor with a sandblasting gun...the gun came with a sandblasting cabinet from HF.  I just got a disposable painting coveralls with a hood...a dust mask and goggles and blasted it without removing the door.  I used sand instead of AO because I didnt want to deal with all the black dust everywhere.