gcextreme

Reselling trademarked stuff.

Also i want to make this CLEAR....I have no intentions of buying and reselling or making and selling such items...i was curious about the thrift shop doing it..

And next, as jaybird mentioned about sanmar, how does what we do, HTV/Screenprint, etc affect a license for shirt/hat blanks??

I mean aren't they being sold as "BLANKS" to be used for such creative purposes?

I'm sure the guy knew he was in the wrong, but didn't want to admit it. Or he thinks since he is an artist and he created the drawing with his own hand that he now owns the rights to it. That would be true if it was an original drawing and not one of an already trademarked logo.

I'm sure the guy knew he was in the wrong, but didn't want to admit it. Or he thinks since he is an artist and he created the drawing with his own hand that he now owns the rights to it. That would be true if it was an original drawing and not one of an already trademarked logo.

you should have seen it, man dont get me wrong, he was a talented artist, but all the stuff was Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Spiderman, Batman, Playboy, etc...all very gorgeously done,

20130412_134309_zpsf359e591.jpg

20130412_134344_zpsae7ced03.jpg

What is pop?

lol, pop, sodapop, soda, etc....lol cocacola, drpepper, mtdew, etc.

That just goes to show that even though he is good at painting, he doesn't have a creative bone in his body. Someday it will catch up with him and he will be out of business.

The "blanks" they sell us have licensing just as much as a decorated shirt. This way if you buy say a Nike shirt and decorate it and it beats up on nike they can sue you because you violated that licensing.

I cannot buy a Nike shirt and display it in my store and just resell it. My license does not allow that. I have to permanently embellish it and sell it that way  as I am not a authorized retailer, but I am authorized to embellish them.  

Walmart I am sure is and they can purchase from many sources or have them made from many more as long as it meets the holders specs. There are hundreds of stores within mere miles of us who sell non authorized goods. Some know about it and some do not. Mainly most retail clothing shop owners do not care about any of that as long as they have the brands in stock that sell. All of this makes no difference to anyone like us as we are not selling brand logo clothing and accessories for them. We are in the advertising and marketing business and should do such for persons and businesses alike, not other brands just cause that is what one perceives as cool to wear and you want a share of the cash. 

A clothing sore is just that, A clothing store. 

I see people gripe on here weekly about they saw one guy selling this or one dude selling that. It is him taking the risk. If that is the road you want to go down have at it. The laws are pretty plain and simple, if you did not create it do not make it. And do not try to make it appear like someone else's work with some sly or smart little change. You might think your sly and smart and different cause you changed words or a circle but really all your doing is ripping off the original owner.

Just cause people are doing it does not make it right. It is up to you and your ethics to make the right decision on how to handle your business.  Simply said worry about you not everyone else. 

This is not directed at anyone just to everyone. Only you can steer your judgement to to what is right. There is much more to a business than just selling something. 

• Like 2

you should have seen it, man dont get me wrong, he was a talented artist, but all the stuff was Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Spiderman, Batman, Playboy, etc...all very gorgeously done,

Yeah... Kudos to the ORIGINAL designers. They are most of the reason that guy's stuff looks good!

He's just a tool looking to make a buck. Let's have a look at his work. Is he an artist or just skilled with tools?

• Like 1

i agree shawn....thanks for your input and knowledge!

i have only been doing this for over a year, still wet behind the ears compared to you and many others...and any and all advice based on your experience is always appreciated!

This thread started 26 hours ago and already has 60 posts. I'm not even going to put my .02 cents in cause the last hot topic drove everyone else nuts. LOL I only have one question. If you do decide to buy and embellish the shirts are you going to put the F bomb on there? Ha ha! I'm done.

Just messin with you GC, your a thought provoking fella. 

• Like 1

i agree shawn....thanks for your input and knowledge!i have only been doing this for over a year, still wet behind the ears compared to you and many others...and any and all advice based on your experience is always appreciated!

And yet we keep doing this same thread over and over again looking for a different answer?

• Like 2

Here's what you want to hear just to make everybody happy. You can print or cut whatever you want on anything you want just because you have the ability. You can also retain a lawyer to figure the mess out for you when you get in trouble for following above advise. Now wasn't that simple. I'm just picking but if you want to know about law talk with an attorney that studied law. I don't ask my doctor to fix my car and I'm sure not gonna ask a perfect stranger for legal advice.

• Like 2

Hey guys sorry to go a bit off topic but I didnt want to make another thread.

I was searching a word to see if it's copyrighted. I couldn't find that it was copyrighted but I found the same word  with an s at the end of it that is copyrighted.

I'm I still good to use the word as long as it is not plural?

also I found another phrase of words that was copyrighted but was abondoned and status says DEAD.  Can I use it?

If you are in question I would write to them and get permission. 

Wow... this topic has been around and surfaced a whole lotta times. It (copywrite rules) always boils down to some simple rules...

1. If you have to ask, you probably know the answer already

2. If someone else is doing it, it doesn't make it ok to do

3. If you spend the energy into what other people are doing, it means you're not spending it on what YOU'RE doing...

People dont pay their taxes. That's on them and it will catch up to them sooner or later... go spend your energy on getting 5 new orders this week!!

• Like 2