stanger

jagged edges

if you are cutting thru the paper your blade depth is not fine - guaranteed - you are probably chewing up the cutting strip making everything worse - on top of the blade issue.      I will bet you used the 1/2 credit card depth instead of setting the depth correctly

• Like 1

from the depth thread in instruction contributions - taken right from skeeters correct instructions  . . . .

you want to cut thru vinyl that is just a few mills thick and not go into the backing paper. when properly set you will barely see the blade - take the holder out of the machine and adjust the blade so it just cuts thru the vinyl and not into the backing paper - put the holder back into the cutter and adjust your pressure.  Somehow this myth of 1/2 a credit card just won't die . . . . 

• Like 1

The video on US Cutters youtube channel tells everybody about the 1/2 credit card depth. When i was setting the depth I tried doing cuts by hand to make sure it wasn't going to deep and adjusted accordingly.

Here is the cut with the new file that was sent to me - major kudos!

So, I'm guessing it was a file problem on my end.

post-84418-0-29393800-1389676505_thumb.j

• Like 1

Once you have the blade / pressure deal sorted out, might want to look into 'creating and cleaning up vector files'.

Those double cuts could be a just a setting somewhere. they weren't showing on the vector screen shot you posted.

The new one looks good!

The video on US Cutters youtube channel tells everybody about the 1/2 credit card depth. When i was setting the depth I tried doing cuts by hand to make sure it wasn't going to deep and adjusted accordingly.

Here is the cut with the new file that was sent to me - major kudos!

So, I'm guessing it was a file problem on my end.

glad you got it but the depth they said in the video is just wrong and will cause you many many headaches over time - it is 10 times too much blade out.

• Like 1

Absolute first thing that came to my was too much blade followed by stacked layers (this would explain the wanting to cut more than once). Follow Mzskeeter's blade setup procedure, not Uscutter video and you will have half the problem licked out of the gate. Many of us including Mzskeeter do this for a living and trust me our real world knowledge outweighs what a tech says in a video about a machine they may only run a couple times a year.

• Like 1

ok I searched but didnt' find anything and I'm very happy with the group that has helped me out already, so with that I want to throw out another question:

I'm seeing marks from the knurl of the roller on the vinyl. I thought at first it was because maybe I had too much pressure on it but I turned it down to 18 and still see them. I also loosed up the tension on the handle as well.

ok I searched but didnt' find anything and I'm very happy with the group that has helped me out already, so with that I want to throw out another question:

I'm seeing marks from the knurl of the roller on the vinyl. I thought at first it was because maybe I had too much pressure on it but I turned it down to 18 and still see them. I also loosed up the tension on the handle as well.

the marks do not hurt a thing.  When you peel off the backing paper and apply the decal, the marks won't be there.   Go try it.

DO NOT reduce the pressure - the marks are normal and will go away when the vinyl is applied - reducing pressure will just cause feeding and cutting problems

• Like 1

The problem here with the multi cuts is because it's cutting hidden layers. When importing an SVG into SCAL. Go to Objects and UNGROUP the image. It then should show multi boxes around the image as I have discovered. Move the curser off the image and click so the image shows no box around it. Now take your mouse and hold the left button and start sliding off each layer.Use only enough layer to define the image. Delete the layers not used. Slide your layers back together. Box it with the mouse. Object then GROUP. Press preview at the top to see where the cut lines are going to be.

I discovered this multi cutting while using the pen instead of the blade. I was thinking why is it drawing it so many times?  If the layers are all one color, they can be all cut at the same time. If not. In the layer box on the right, close the eyes of other colors and do the same for each color/layer when cutting. If you are doing multi layers with different colors, you will need registration marks to aid in lining up the overlays. I'm new to the software and haven't gotten to registration marks, but it's on my learning list.

I had an object.bmp I imported. the color was blue. Later I discovered there where four shades of blue plus a transparent layer. Once I removed all the trash layers and only kept the one I needed, all cut well. I hope this helps someone else new like myself.

I saw a video where using a pad of postit notes help set blade depth. if you have the knife set right you will cut only one sheet of the pad. as posted the 1/2 card is way off unless your cutting cardboard.. ;D

Postit notes are not a way to set a blade.

Skeeter's way is how you set a blade. Look it up. it's posted every few days.

I have never cut a postit in my cutter and never will.

I saw a video where using a pad of postit notes help set blade depth. if you have the knife set right you will cut only one sheet of the pad. as posted the 1/2 card is way off unless your cutting cardboard.. ;D

correct way to set the blade

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

correct way to set the blade

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

LOL

You should look into using HotKeys.  It's alittle script program where you can type a simple comment like "]b" and then you hit the space bar it'll replace "]b" with

"To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing."

It's an awesome little program.  I use it for typing todays date by simple typing "]d" 

hi can anyone here help me i have the uscutter mk2 871 and its not cutting nice at all i put a new blade in just in case the depth is fine but the machine is not cutting with precision what do i do?

post-85267-0-37750700-1393792041_thumb.p

what is your blade offset set at? Should be close to 0.25mm.... What cutting software? Which driver?   Your on  a Windows PC correct? Must be with an MH cutter.    Are you sure the design is good to start with? 

i figured it out, i took the cover off the cutting head and found all the screws were coming loose causing the blade holder to wobble and drag

• Like 1

i figured it out, i took the cover off the cutting head and found all the screws were coming loose causing the blade holder to wobble and drag

glad you got it figured out

thx skeet, if anyone has issues with the quality of their cutting let me know and ill post a pic of the parts i tightened so you guys know what to take a look at

thx skeet, if anyone has issues with the quality of their cutting let me know and ill post a pic of the parts i tightened so you guys know what to take a look at

Your welcome,  if you have time,  just post them. I 'm sure it would be appreciated...

• Like 1

there are 4 bolt , one on each corner tighten up as well as any others that seem loose

post-85267-0-79824800-1395202218_thumb.j

post-85267-0-68417900-1395202219_thumb.j

• Like 1