gcextreme

Need help with hat heat press.

Ok i got this Sunie swing away hat heat press...and when i place the hat on the bottom pad and swing the top it still hits the hat...i need it to go up higher, otherwise when i place my vinyl on it, it will just hit it and move it.

Also whats the going heat temp for doing hats and press time??

Thanks

Ok i got this Sunie swing away hat heat press...and when i place the hat on the bottom pad and swing the top it still hits the hat...i need it to go up higher, otherwise when i place my vinyl on it, it will just hit it and move it.

Also whats the going heat temp for doing hats and press time??

Thanks

Heat and Time depends on your HTV download the spec sheets for your particular brand. CADCUT premium plus for example is 300-330 degrees and 8-12 secs..

You must be doing structured hats.. I found if you hold in on the sides of the hat, below the pad it helps pull it done. Do this before you place the vinyl on, and pre press the hat to get it to lay on the saddle better. It's trial and error till you get the hang of it. Do some practice trys with no heat or vinyl to get it down and not ruin any.

Hope it helps some

You don't need structured hats but every type of hat poses it's own unique challenges. I do 5 panel, 6 panel, low profile etc. Also do beanies and different areas on bookbags where the whole bag would be in the way in the flat press. I do 330 for 15 seconds for siser and JPSS transfers. 405 for 20 seconds for 3G transfers.

You don't need structured hats but every type of hat poses it's own unique challenges. I do 5 panel, 6 panel, low profile etc. Also do beanies and different areas on bookbags where the whole bag would be in the way in the flat press. I do 330 for 15 seconds for siser and JPSS transfers. 405 for 20 seconds for 3G transfers.

Sorry my wording was confusing... That was stating he was using structured therfore part of the issue... Sorry if It sounded like I was saying thats all that could be used. dang northern speak LOL

Yankees. I do structured and stretching from below as you suggested does help when they are way off but I feel like it requires a 3rd had to do by myself. Have you messed with visors yet? After those all hats seem easy by comparison.

No visors yet. I found if you go from the side it is 10X easier and have only need an extra hand once. If it is to high off it I seem to get a wrinkle

ok im playing around with this hat press and im confused....the temp setting i cranked up to 290, it wouldnt go higher then that..now its just slowly counting/cooling down, its at 221 and i cant crank the heat back up..wtf.

ok im playing around with this hat press and im confused....the temp setting i cranked up to 290, it wouldnt go higher then that..now its just slowly counting/cooling down, its at 221 and i cant crank the heat back up..wtf.

Celsius or Fahrenheit  

was curious because my first one came set for celsius.   check the fuse - might have to call them tomorrow- also I think the handle had to be up to adjust temp.

according to the site, its max temp is 550F. When i tried turning it up, the highest it would go was 290...then it just stopped.

And its been cooling/counting down since...still not letting me adjust it back up.

If i press and hold the SET button it cycles thru other settings, like AL1, AL2, and some other stuff which i dont have a clue what it means, the instructions that came with it are just stupid vague....and dont mention any of that.

OK. Just throwing this out there but you do know 550*F = 287*C.

If it's only going to 290 you might be in Celsius. Have you tried checking the temp with an infrared Thermometer?

Ok maybe...but the instructions dont mention how to change it..and that doesnt exlpain why its counting down/cooling down and not letting me adjust it again..

if it overheated it will probably cool down until the thermo safety switch resets - on the changing from c to f seems like it was something like holding the up and down buttons at the same time for a couple seconds - might have to call them about that one.  

if you get it reset and it heats try setting it to 151 degrees  that would be about 305 f

• Like 1

Our old shirt press is Celsius and we always run it at 165 c. Took me a smoking shirt to figure out it was on Celsius but after I knew I just referenced the temps we use most often and put a sticker by the display to remind me.

Havent touched it today...gonna monkey with it more this weekend.

The instructions on it suck!

Press the set button and the \/ and /\ to adjust time and temp...thats pretty much all it says.

No info on all the other settings like what is SP and AL1 and AL2 and how to switch from celsius to fahrenheit..

If yours is similar to my swing away 15" shirt press then you will want to get an infrared thermometer or as someone suggested stick a cooking thermometer in while its down. I found my USCutter swing away is some where in between F and C. Weird. Once I found that out all of my pressing problems went away and its a great press. I do NOT have the swing away hat press however so don't take what I say as gospel. I use mostly Siser but some stahls and have memorized what temp Siser likes. The rest I just check it before I press. 

Incidentally I watched a video on the swing away hat press and noticed that it had a tendency to hit the hat, even in the video. I ended up finding a used Stahls hat press on ebay for $100 so I grabbed it. It's old but works great except theres no timer which sucks. It has a spring loaded arm that stretches the hat once you put in in place and holds some pressure. I can tell I would really miss that if I didn't have it.

It has the rear hold down bar on the Sunie press to, just on structured it doesn't seem to hold tight enough so holding the hat from the sides under the saddle helped me with my issue along with a mouse pad to help build up for the gap.

Just set your temp in Celsius and don't worry about it. You only need 2 setting time and temp on a hat press. My mug press has a preheat temp as well but not on the hat press.