Monkey

Lesson Learned today

Today I learned a very valuable lesson. Ive never cut my vinyl off to length for cutting, Ive always just loaded the roll with a little slack and let it go. Well I put in a fresh roll of Easyweed to cut 12"x12" design. Sent and walked away. Then I hear the cutter feeding A LOT. I come back to find the whole roll on the floor with a line cut the full length right through the middle. So for other then small or thin stuff.....this roll is wasted. Luckily it was only 5 yards and not 50. Id have cried then I think.

No clue why it did it. Cutter grounded to stand, dryer sheet in roll and has never happened before. Ive had a random cut side to side through middle of design out of no where but not a full roll length.

From now on I think Ill be cutting my vinyl to length.

I've had that happen, I was right there and caught it though. I think my problem turned out to be a stray node in the design confused the plotter.

dont think that was my problem as Ive cut this 1 before with no issue. I had sent 2 copies to cutter, it cut 1 then started 2nd before it went postal on my roll of vinyl. Im blaming gremlins

Wow, that's an expensive lesson to learn that way!

Wow, that's an expensive lesson to learn that way!

Yeah was a bit heart breaking. But it is what it is, I should have been cutting prior I suppose. I maked the box the sizes on each side of the cut line so I remembered it was cut and what I could use it for and put it back. Have to order another roll now.

If it is black, I might be interested in buying it from you.

Nope, White

Guess it's time to offer a sale on white prints on the pocket area. I came back and had 10 yds. of vinyl laying on the floor and the cutter still whirring away 1 time so I know your pain.

lol funny you should say that. Im doing all the decals for local high school football team this year and they offered me shirts If I want them. Was just working on a design that goes across the chest and that vinyl would work after rotating image to cut vertical instead of horizontal lol. Funny is I didnt even start to think about taking on the shirts really until I screwed that roll up

I just cut a small sheet of black Siser and then switched to a roll of red Siser and hit enter without switch from Sheet to Roll 1 - thankfully it didn't cut it, but I had a momentary panic attack of "Oh, God, not me, too!!!" as it started to spill 5 yards of vinyl into my catch box...

FYI: the Pause button doesn't stop that... I had to reach around back and flip the pinch lever down to get it to stop...

I just cut a small sheet of black Siser and then switched to a roll of red Siser and hit enter without switch from Sheet to Roll 1 - thankfully it didn't cut it, but I had a momentary panic attack of "Oh, God, not me, too!!!" as it started to spill 5 yards of vinyl into my catch box...

FYI: the Pause button doesn't stop that... I had to reach around back and flip the pinch lever down to get it to stop...

Been there, done that. Second day I had mine and I wasn't looking, panic doesn't begin to explain the feeling and I didn't even know about the sheet setting at that point. Learned about it pretty quick after that.

just happened again with one of the 2 color banner sheets in it. I dont understand whats going on. never had this issue before

it always happens that one time you aren't monitoring the cutter - now nothing will go wrong for 50 cuts but next time you aren't watching- Bam

Well Ive narrowed it down to a flexi issue again. Loaded another banner and sent through SCALP, cut fine

Maybe reinstall flexi, or try a different driver maybe in flexi production manager. the default uscutter driver flexi dont like, but when i load the roland pnc-1000 driver it all works great. 

it did like to stray and stair step it way all the way to the left of the cutter, each time i was right there, good thing or it would keep going, and i dont know if it would stop or burn the motor out when it hits the end and maybe keeps trying to go.

Good Luck

Post back any results you find..