marcuso

Announcing Sure Cuts A Lot Pro

I had problems ordering last week (Wed) and ended up clicking on SCAL 3 - not pro by accident. It didn't ship right away like I thought it would and I didn't receive it until Monday. I opened it early this AM to find that as I'm cutting the plastic it was 3.

Question 1- how good are they about returns on software? My guess is they are not... Would I have any luck re-selling it..?

Question 2- What is the main difference between 3 and Pro? I'm really interested in tracing...

I think the tracing is the same in both. I would still try to send it back and exchange it.

I would sugest contacting CraftEdge to see if the registration works with the upgraded versions of the Pro software. They can probably just send you the link to download the newest version.

I don't think there is much problem with not having the CD for Pro since the versions have been upgraded so many times already - CraftEdge may tell you different -

-Mike

The SCAL 3 registration doesn't work with Pro. They even install as different software.

Question 1- how good are they about returns on software? My guess is they are not... Would I have any luck re-selling it..?

I returned my copy of pro last week. I did open it but never installed it. US cutter told me once they receive it back all they have to do it verify it wasn't activated. But it does take a few weeks after they receive it to get any kind of refund.

So no harm in calling them

I returned my copy of pro last week. I did open it but never installed it. US cutter told me once they receive it back all they have to do it verify it wasn't activated. But it does take a few weeks after they receive it to get any kind of refund.

So no harm in calling them

I was provided a disk by USCUTTER as part of this thread's original offer.

The actual CD itself wasn't worth the plastic it was made of, as only downloaded "updates" from CraftEdge were going to allow me any cutting functionality with my USCUTTER SC unit.

Anyway, as soon as my copy of that disk was Activated, I quickly discovered the problem with the drivers in that version, and so I just went into the HELP menu, where the option to Deactivate allows for that process to occur online.

http://forum.uscutte...post__p__291842

I was actually going to mail the physical disk back to USCUTTER, but then decided not to bother with it.

I was provided a disk by USCUTTER as part of this thread's original offer.

The actual CD itself wasn't worth the plastic it was made of, as only downloaded "updates" from CraftEdge were going to allow me any cutting functionality with my USCUTTER SC unit.

Anyway, as soon as my copy of that disk was Activated, I quickly discovered the problem with the drivers in that version, and so I just went into the HELP menu, where the option to Deactivate allows for that process to occur online.

http://forum.uscutte...post__p__291842

I was actually going to mail the physical disk back to USCUTTER, but then decided not to bother with it.

I think you would want to keep the activation code that's on the disk.

For sure I have mixed feelings for Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro and was bummed on the $9 shipped disk part of the deal. The cutting part is great but the design part just falls flat. I'm relearning what I learned of Inkscape and will be doing design work in Inkscape for the time being. I did uninstall SignBlazer and re-installed the UK version with the huge number of cutters.

-Scott

I think you would want to keep the activation code that's on the disk.

I have no intention of re-installing this program or using the activation again.

The best advice was given here by mopar691 ---

"Send it back and move on. Use SBE until you are at a point in your venture you can migrate to a program such as Flexi. I would not suggest anything else for any business. I have tried them all, and hated most while others were a joke, and the best one I have found was SBE to start with and build a customer base/income, then Flexi and never looked back. Best investment I have ever made."

The weed lines options alone are well worth the cost of the software , especially at the sale price . The Software people are very active in resolving any problems & I fully expect that to continue . USC making it the " in house " software will especially make the support & development topnotch . That relationshipo will benifit USC & CraftEdge IMO !!! As a bargain priced software , nothing can compete right now as far as I've seen . Flexi Pro is always going to be the best answer ... for those who can justify the expense . Buying a used /older version of Flexi is a great option also . I have not found a deal , but have not looked very hard . SignBlazer does everything I need when I design/cut , but I am spending time learning SCAL & will continue . I have not cut anything the past few months , but when i do I will be using SCAL & the possible problems cutting with my Copams should not exist . Anybody not satisfied with paying $50 for SCAL Pro should put it 4-sale in the sale section here .

• Like 1

The weed lines options alone are well worth the cost of the software , especially at the sale price . The Software people are very active in resolving any problems & I fully expect that to continue . USC making it the " in house " software will especially make the support & development topnotch . That relationshipo will benifit USC & Craftedge .IMO !!! As a bargain priced software , nothing can compete right now as far as I've seen . Flexi Pro is always going to be the best answer ... for those who can justify the expense . Buying a used /older version of Flexi is a great option also . I have not found a deal , but have not looked very hard . SignBlazer does everything I need when I design/cut , but I am spending time learning SCAL & will continue . I have not cut anything the past few months , but when i do I will be using SCAL & the possible problems cutting with my Copams should not exist . Anybody not satisfied with paying $50 for SCAL Pro should put it 4-sale in the sale section here .

Valid point Roger... I also will second the intent of continued development! Like I've said on other posts, I have been working with developers directly myself with great success and advancement. Just you wait and see what that software will do, and keep adding to the list of things SBE wont do- ie. Rhinestones, print/cut for most cutters and that is just a start.

Ooooohhhhhhhh, rhinestones!!!!

I'm glad you had the free time to spend with software developers ---- I've been kinda busy actually producing work for clients.

:wacko:

Four-by-Eight-foot lexan signface, and Signblazer DID do it.

post-21408-0-44673100-1352701179.jpg

I work 2 jobs. Full time at a day job, and full time at home on vinyl. I help with whatever I can, and enjoy it. If you're too busy producing work for clients, then how is it you find time to scoop the forums for info and post pictures of your work? It's called extra-curricular as well as self-education.

You act as if it is a chore to help make something great.... I got a piece of $200 software to test, give my honest and thorough input on, as well as learn the software fully to help support other users here on the forum for no cost to me. I am sure that I can return my moneys' worth to USCutter and the Dev by offering whatever input I can to make the software successful instead of just complaining it didn't work for me right out of the package.

Obviously I am filling customer orders as well, or I would not be in business. I have a wrap that's going up the week after next, and prepping this week for a weekend long show that I fully intend on netting a fair bit of profit. To each is their own- if it is a waste of your time, don't act like others' are wasting theirs trying to make something better for everyone else.... I would be happy to take your copy off your hands for my troubles if you're "done" with SCAL Pro.

• Like 1

I recognized it being a chore within the first moments of using it, and so did many others.

If you feel that you are happy being a laboratory-testing guinea-pig for USCUTTER for $50 (not $200, just FIFTY) and are convinced the program is the next big thing in vinyl cutting, then more power to you.

The disk I have was strictly a promotional copy, offered to me under certain conditions (which I have since declined to involve myself in any further), and it wouldn't be ethical to redistribute it or sell it, AFAIK.

Mine was at no cost to me- with the intent of offering support and aid in further development as well as thorough reviews for USCutter and the folks here on the forums... And no, maybe not the next big thing- but a viable replacement to a slowly and dying SBE. Other senior members of this forum agree the SBE either needs developed, or replaced as it is antiquated and ultimately will not support new file types. The shops I work with all maintain current copies of Corel, Adobe CS, Flexi and other basic softwares like this just so they have to the compatible tools to work with customer files. If everyone thought it was a chore than nothing would ever grow and get to where it is. Ask John about SignBlazer's humble beginnings and the work Jerry put forth to make it what it was before he passed.

At some point a replacement MUST start in the beginning stages, with bugs, erros and other issues. You're either on the wagon, or not... Regardless of what anyone paid- it carries a value of what it would cost you to get it right here and now- which is $199.99.

• Like 1

No, your calculations are off, because it carries precisely the value of what price it was offered to the public back when our shipment was made as this thread began (before Halloween) -- $50. (+$9)

In other words, if we had not been GIVEN the copy by Marcus, we would have paid $50 (+$9) to obtain a retail disk, which when it arrived, would have required us to call USCUTTER support, be told they don't know what the problem is, and then get in contact with CraftEdge, and uninstall the original disk installation, then try download update version 3.035, then go back again to download & install version 3.036, and then yet again with 3.037, before even that weekend was over.

Look, I'm sure you think SCAL-Pro is a "viable" replacement for SignBlazer, but that opinion is not shared by myself and others (and I am shocked that you mentioned "file types support" as a topic, since SCAL-Pro has no .EPS IMPORT, a glaring omission)

My bottom line is this: (and I'll bow out from beating a dead horse)

USCUTTER would have been better served as a company by placing resources and money into a new release version in 2013, with full support & development, of SignBlazer PRO for Sign Professionals.

Hopefully, that is the direction they are still looking into, because I have virtually no faith whatsoever in SCALP being anything besides what it is now; a funky craft-cutter app.

(With all due respect to CraftEdge)

Thank you for the feedback- I contacted US CUTTER an they were great about returning the package. I had to pay for return shipping + the ship of the new disc - so it cost me a little- but not as much as the full software! I have the SCALP now- but have another question.

I thought SCALP would support a much larger size? My mat size will only go to 12x24" is there a way to easily add mat sizes? My help works sometimes and other times it won't even pull up- so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Also are there any good tutorials/ videos for SCALP? The links on my help bar take me to SCAL basic versons... I didn't know if anyone had loaded videos/ tutorials on the newer versions...

Tammy

in the pro version your mat size can go up to 200"x200". You have to chose 'custom' and then set the size. As for video tutorials...the pro version hasn't been out long but I am told that videos are coming.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they figured out how to open eps files in SCAL yet? Thanks

Does anyone know if they figured out how to open eps files in SCAL yet? Thanks

I believe they are working on it. Their first priority right now seems to be getting the drivers for more cutters. Check back here for more information as it becomes available.

• Like 1

Looks like someone is having another bad day.

It sure does !!! Somebody peed in somebody's Cheerios & it seems they did not refresh it yet :lol: . I hope the Ban Hammer is not buried too far , if the ranting continues ...

• Like 1