Sign in to follow this  
charlie_b CFXPaintworks

Wrap for Nitto Tires

Here is one i did last year for Nitto Tires for "Time Attack" driven by Mike Kojoma.  The fist image was the concept/rendering of the car.  The drawings were done in Illustrator and the colored versions were done in Photoshop.  I used Modern Image to do the wrap service.  They were much more professional than the last wrap place and did exceptional work.

Final4.jpg

The rest of these images are the final product taken at Button Willow Raceway for Sport Compact car magazine.

Sorry for the large images.

Finale.jpg

width=800 height=533http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/Finale2.jpg[/img]

width=463 height=600http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/Finale3.jpg[/img]

post-2711-12986521727127_thumb.jpg

Amazing.  I'm in aww.  If I ever decide to get my car wrapped, I hope you would do me the honor of designing it. 

Awesome! Charlie, you rock! WOW!  ;D

Ken, can you delete all the other "Show your work" threads please?

;D SICK DUDE!!! Its a shame they did all that work on a Sentra..hehe Graphics are rediculous though, I saw some of your airbrush work on the R/C car bodies and about passed out. No wonder some of us struggle, you got ALL the talent and the rest of us split the leftovers... ;D

Guest sciondrgn

Very nice.. I want my car done up crazy like that ;D

Awesome! Charlie, you rock! WOW!  ;D

Ken, can you delete all the other "Show your work" threads please?

Naw, everyone does their own thing. Wraps are taking off as of late. Design your work, print it to vinyl, wrap and laminate. I have seen some pretty amazing designs in recent magazines. This one is hot!

WOW! That's the only word that seems to fit. How long have you been doing this anyway?

That is gorgeous.

This was the 2nd wrap i have done.  I am hoping to do the Falken Tires cars for 2009, but you never know who's work they decide to use next.  Although you guys might think it is easy for me to get these bids, it is feast of famine being on my own.  I taught graphics/art at the college and after all the politics of the college, i had enough.  I have been on my own for 2 years and believe me when i say, it is hard getting work.  It is the same thing...They want stuff yesterday, The work has to be perfect, and want it free.  One thing i have learned is no matter how good you are and how nice you are..."nice" isn't a deciding factor for the big companies/big baller clients.  They will go with you if they decide to, not because you were willing to "Cut them a Deal".  If they like your work..they will use you.  So stick to your guns and charge what you feel you are worth, plus 20%.  ANyway, 'nuff of my rambling.

Awesome! Really nice work from concept to completion!

Super nice Charlie, killer RC paint too.  Your concept illustration makes me think we have a similiar work flow...linework and logo/shape tweaks in illustrator, then dumping it all into photoshop to layout, mask and airbrush with a pen tablet. Leaves you with everything you need as vectors ready to scale, and concept art that's easy to flip colors around till it all gels. Great work, and good luck with the falken gig, hope we get to see you posting that up at some point.

Right on bro...i think i will agree we do have similar work.  Who knows, maybe we will see each other's work out there sometime.  Cali is a big place..but everyone seems to know or run into each other...somewhere.