Guest Nes

Sticker Sheet Help

Guest Nes

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to create a sticker sheet with Vinylmaster Cut and my Titan 3. I need to have it cut the main stickers at one pressure (force) setting so it doesn't cut thru the backing and then cut around the entire sticker sheet all the way thru at a different pressure (force setting). Is this possible?

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to create a sticker sheet with Vinylmaster Cut and my Titan 3. I need to have it cut the main stickers at one pressure (force) setting so it doesn't cut thru the backing and then cut around the entire sticker sheet all the way thru at a different pressure (force setting). Is this possible?

Nes,

I don't believe the Titan has dual pressure capabilities. There are a few brands that do. Some Graphtec models, Summa and a few others offer something like you are wanting. They are often referred to as a flex cut, perf cut or kiss cut and the concept is that they actually modulate between two pressures as they cut a simple outline around the rest of the decal. They leave a user defined amount of paper keeping the decal connected to the carrier sheet. To completely cut it free would cause a catastrophic failure because the integrity of the carrier would fail. Pretty high level stuff really. 

Guest Nes

Nes,

I don't believe the Titan has dual pressure capabilities. There are a few brands that do. Some Graphtec models, Summa and a few others offer something like you are wanting. They are often referred to as a flex cut, perf cut or kiss cut and the concept is that they actually modulate between two pressures as they cut a simple outline around the rest of the decal. They leave a user defined amount of paper keeping the decal connected to the carrier sheet. To completely cut it free would cause a catastrophic failure because the integrity of the carrier would fail. Pretty high level stuff really. 

Oh, darn guess that makes sense. A friend of mine makes sticker sheets on the cricut but i think its more she has the outer cut lines just do multiple passes, guessing i cant really do that either with vinylmaster, like have it do multiple passes on one set of cut lines and not the other lol.

I wound up just manualy switching the cut pressure mid job which worked out fine but not the most workflow friendly haha. Guess ill just have to stick to die cut stickers for now :3

Oh, darn guess that makes sense. A friend of mine makes sticker sheets on the cricut but i think its more she has the outer cut lines just do multiple passes, guessing i cant really do that either with vinylmaster, like have it do multiple passes on one set of cut lines and not the other lol.

I wound up just manualy switching the cut pressure mid job which worked out fine but not the most workflow friendly haha. Guess ill just have to stick to die cut stickers for now :3

I can't speak for VM, but I did so someting like that in SignBlazer.  I had two cut lines layered over one another get two passes through two layers of vinyl, and then a single line for a weed box outline.  Just be aware that you will need to use a tacky carrier sheet if you plan on cutting all the way through the vinyl and backing.

• Thanks 1

Guest Nes

I can't speak for VM, but I did so someting like that in SignBlazer.  I had two cut lines layered over one another get two passes through two layers of vinyl, and then a single line for a weed box outline.  Just be aware that you will need to use a tacky carrier sheet if you plan on cutting all the way through the vinyl and backing.

OHHH!!!! YES i can totally do that in VM i didn't even think of that lol my brains fried i think.! And yea i already use a hard sticky cutting mat when i make all my die cut stickers! Thanks you so much for the help! Im excited to try adding the multiple cut lines n see how things turn out. Ill try n post how it turns out in case anyone else stumbles upon his thread with a similar situation

OHHH!!!! YES i can totally do that in VM i didn't even think of that lol my brains fried i think.! And yea i already use a hard sticky cutting mat when i make all my die cut stickers! Thanks you so much for the help! Im excited to try adding the multiple cut lines n see how things turn out. Ill try n post how it turns out in case anyone else stumbles upon his thread with a similar situation

Glad I could offer up some useful advice.

I encourage you to take the time and register for a forum account.  It's free, and there's no promo or spam email that gets sent to you, but it will allow you to have your posts and responses go up immediately and not have to wait for one of the moderators to approve it.

One comment. If you have your blade depth set correctly, changing the cut pressure will not change how deep it cuts. Same for multiple passes, if the blade is set at the correct depth it shouldn't cut through the backing no matter how many times it passes over the same point.

So be aware, if design is coming out fine and and you're cutting through the backing great, but your blade depth is not set correct and if/when you run into problems with the design not coming out right, blade depth will very likely be the problem.

One comment. If you have your blade depth set correctly, changing the cut pressure will not change how deep it cuts. Same for multiple passes, if the blade is set at the correct depth it shouldn't cut through the backing no matter how many times it passes over the same point.

So be aware, if design is coming out find and and you're cutting through the backing great, but your blade depth is not set correct and if/when you run into problems with the design not coming out right, blade depth will very likely be the problem.

Logically going again over the cut line doesn't do the job, so you are correct mate, but practically it is possible and I have experienced this.  Wherever I have a doubled up cut line, the weeded bit cones off with backing paper in many case leaving an opening in the sheet.

And Yes, the blade needs to stick out a fraction more. A good idea is to keep a separate holder with blade already in it especially for that purpose and just swap it in case this type if work needs to be done.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.