Guest Nightmare-322

US Cutter Laserpoint - Cannot Locate

Guest Nightmare-322

Hello Everyone!

I have a US Cutter Laserpoint. I am trying to run Vinylmaster, and Windows 11. I cannot get my computer to locate my device. I've tried to use Signmaster too and ran into the same issue. 

What steps should I be taking in order to get this plotter to work with this computer? Are there some drivers I should download? If so can someone please provide me with a link or an email I can access?

windows.png.5991c6f9b717b7747d5aa23092326eaa.png

Have you verified which COM Port Win11 has assigned to your machine, and make sure it matches in the software? 

Have you also tried reaching out to US Cutter, maybe see if they have an updated driver for you, since the original LaserPointsd were back in the WinXP days.

Which laser point do you have?  There have been 3 different models.  #1 was a Creation Pcut with a laser. #2 was a Liyu, with a laser.. #3 maybe a Liyu with ARMS. .  Show us a picture of what you have.  Use a direct connect instead of auto.  Why are you choosing UScutter SC2 as your cutter?  It looks like you should be choosing USCUTTER LASER POINT, depending on which version you have. Look further down on the drop down box.   Also sign up and it won't take you so long to get your post added to the conversation. 

laser pointer 3.jpg

Guest Nightmare-322

Thanks everyone for the help here is an update....I'm trying to log into my account, life is a little hectic right now.

Here is a picture of the same plotter I have Laserpoint II

Laserpoint-US-Cutter-300x168.jpg

Hector from US Cutter was amazing, and installed drivers, but I cannot cut still. Per his recommendation, I bought a new cord to troubleshoot. The plotter spools, test cuts (from the control panel on the cutter) but once I send something, it sits...

Big question I have....
Can this plotter use Windows 11? I'm tempted to buy a cheap older desktop off marketplace with a lower version of windows on it. 

If the drivers installed it should work with 11. but it wouldn't hurt to try and older version of Windows. Several on here are still running XP for their cutting computer.

The cutter is listed in your pull down menu for cutter selection now, correct? Did you buy the cutter used and did you ever see it work?

Guest Nightmare

The cutter is listed in your pull down menu for cutter selection now, correct? Did you buy the cutter used and did you ever see it work?

It is correct, it was working in a previous work space. 

Big question I have....
Can this plotter use Windows 11? I'm tempted to buy a cheap older desktop off marketplace with a lower version of windows on it. 

I would try an old cheap laptop. I cut from a windows 7 myself. I do my design work on a mac and transfer via thumb drive and it's double helpful because I can continue to work while the cutter is working. 

I also recommend signing up in the forum so we don't have to review every post you make. 

You never answered about what Port shows in your Device Manager dialogue box. You may have to reassign it manually using the 'Properties' route.

I have no idea if Microsoft engineers have altered the manner to do this in Win11, but for a decade or more, the pathway to change the Port in prior versions of Windows has been ---  ControlPanel => Hardware Settings => DeviceManager => PORTS (Com & LPT) => Comunications Port => (right click) Properties => Port Settings (tab) => Advanced (button) => Com Port number (drop down)

I kid you not, that's how the software engineers designed the manner to alter that COM. Good luck with it.

Guest Nightmare-322

I would try an old cheap laptop. I cut from a windows 7 myself. I do my design work on a mac and transfer via thumb drive and it's double helpful because I can continue to work while the cutter is working. 

I also recommend signing up in the forum so we don't have to review every post you make. 

Do you use Vinylmaster with Windows 7? I found an old windows desktop with 7. Trying signblazer right now, no luck though...

Current USB cord I'm using, not sure if this is an issue, US cutter support recommended it, My google research suggests there might be another one to buy?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B385KP91?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

BTW I can't really get my log in to work for some reason, once I'm done playing with my plotter I'll find a way to get my old password from my email...

Do you use Vinylmaster with Windows 7? I found an old windows desktop with 7. Trying signblazer right now, no luck though...

I actually use SignCut Pro (there is a newer version out now) because I mostly work on a Mac platform and it is able to run the cutter from either Windows or Mac. I have found that the older laptop is simple and effective and removes the cutting operation from my main workstation. My cutter sits across the room and I just transfer cut files on a thumb. If the windows computer gives me a problem I can pull the cutter over and use my Mac (requires a lifetime dongle do do this without deactivating it the other) 

I am not sure what the new Pro 2 version is like but the original Pro 1 that I use is simply a cutting utility but has most all the bells and whistles you can get for a cutter interface. The company also has live tech support which occasionally comes in handy if something is going wonky. When I bought my first cutter it was a Creation P-Cut and they used to come with 1 year subscription of SignCut Pro. At the year mark I poked around for something that I didn't have to rent or spend too much on but there really wasn't a lot to offer that was Mac compatible and fully legit. I tried out a beta version of Sure Cuts a Lot Pro (often called SCALP) and missed all the bells and whistles from SIgnCut too much so I broke down and bought the Dongle (at the time was $400). This was in 2011. I design in Illustrator so have no use for the design side of most of the other options. 

If you are running on a windows platform and need the design AND cut tools the Vinyl Master program is probably the best overall bang for the buck I've seen. I suggest paying to get up to the Pro level. There are tools that I tend to find essential that the lower tiers hold out on you. That is sort of the way they entice you into spending more and they all pretty much do it.  It's a fairly big investment if it's only a hobby but the open source options out there are very rudimentary by comparison. (InkCut being one such).

Again, have you checked what COM Port your Windows machine has assigned to the cutter?

Yes, VinylMaster does work with Windows 7.  Sign Blazer (SBE) - I would recommend that you absolutely find out with COM Port, and manually designated it in SBE, because auto detect doesn't always work properly.  I don't have an LP II, but I do have an original LP, and the machine that I needed to select from the list was the Creation PCUT 735.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.