Anetski

Removal of pinch roller

Hi

I just received my new fc9000-100 plotter. I had a -160 before. I only cut material as wide as 1m and I don't want to use the middle pinch roller. With the bigger model I could put the extra pinch roller to the end but I can’t do that with the -100 model as there is no extra space. Is it possible to remove a pinch roller?

if I leave the middle one on in the lowest settings I will get marks on my material as it picks up the ink. 

Are you asking if it is physically possible to take it off, or are you asking if removing it will be detrimental to the vinyl feed?

If it is ok to remove it? I know I can still cut with only pinch rollers on the edges but I am wondering if the machine won’t work if removing?

I do not own a Graphtec, so have no way of verifying that. A few other regular members here work with those machines, and I felt it was useful to clarify your question so when they take a look at your thread, it's understood what you're seeking in the way of answers.

why can't you put pinch roller  right side 1 and 2 on the large grit roller?  The far right not on the material.  There is a screw to loosen behind and slide the 2nd pinch roller over with the first.  Then you would only be using 2 pinch rollers on the material.  Left side and right side of material.   I have an older FC-75. (only 2 pinch rollers) I turned off my pinch roller sensor and media sensor on day 1.Located in background settings.   But I wouldn't think you would even have to do that.   I cut small scraps, so I use 2 pinch rollers on my large grit roller all the time.  Worth a try instead of tearing this new cutter apart.  

On 6/24/2021 at 2:15 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

why can't you put pinch roller  right side 1 and 2 on the large grit roller?  The far right not on the material.  There is a screw to loosen behind and slide the 2nd pinch roller over with the first.  Then you would only be using 2 pinch rollers on the material.  Left side and right side of material.   I have an older FC-75. (only 2 pinch rollers) I turned off my pinch roller sensor and media sensor on day 1.Located in background settings.   But I wouldn't think you would even have to do that.   I cut small scraps, so I use 2 pinch rollers on my large grit roller all the time.  Worth a try instead of tearing this new cutter apart.  

I tried to move no 3 push roller to the right end off the grit area. I turned the push roller sensors off and then tried to cut using only push roller 1 and 2 sitting on each end on the grit area. It wouldn’t work. 

right now I have it set up like pictured with the middle wheel removed but I cut phototex printed with waterbased inks and if I lift the material slightly as I insert it may hit the middle push roller and get scratched. 

I would prefer to just push the unused roller to the end on the right. 

4AC90D9C-789A-4338-8048-E528A4C4C081.jpeg

F7DC44C5-3B36-48F2-9163-9AC8C8582BB0.jpeg

I am calling your #3 pinch roller  pinch roller #1,  So 1 & 2  on the large grit roller.    You always have to have a pinch roller within that space  above  (the blue line), that is shown as the large grit roller. You cannot be outside that space, even with the sensors turned off.   Also, media needs to be over the media sensors,  front and back.  Whatever works for you.:D

I am not sure there is space to put both pinch rollers on the large grit roller. It means I would have to push the 2nd roller further in on the material leaving less space to print on. 

where are the media sensors? Is the material not on them as I have it on the picture? I have always loaded my media this way.

thanks again for your help

8D852D35-C8BA-43BE-9457-7673F10F106F.jpeg

You still have quite a bit of room on that blue line above on the large grit roller.   Measure it.   You will have to find a service manual for an older FC   like FC 7000 to know where the sensors are.  There are service manuals out there.  That is all that I can offer.  Your welcome. 

• Thanks 1

Since you removed the rubber part of the pinch roller, can't you move it to the right, to have both pinch roller on the right side, as suggested by Mz Skeeter? If you don't think there's enough room there, which actually looks like there should barely be enough room, then at the very least, move it towards one side or another, so that it will cause the least amount of potential contact when you feed your printed material.

I can put 2 pinch rollers side by side on the big grit roller, to the far right side and have almost  5 inches from right side of 2nd  pinch roller to the end of the line above, left side.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all replies. I got the two rollers to fit at the right end and it works perfectly now. 

thanks so much!

• Like 2

Great, and you didn't have to void your warranty tearing apart a brand new cutter!!  You might need that pinch roller on there for orders in the future.   Your welcome :D