action

scanning to vinyl master

I have a titan  15 in plotter with basic vinyl master program.....I was told I cannot scan to this program.. without upgrading.....but, I was told I can scan to  windows like, Paint, and export the scanned product to the vinyl master program, manipulate the text there and send to the plotter..... I do not have a scanner and do not want to buy one if this will not work.....Has anybody done this

You need to be able to get the raster artwork into the program one way or another and then trace it (vectorize). Whether you use a flatbed scanner or have clients email you their artwork depends on what works for you. But if you have physical artwork you wish to copy and trace for cutting you will need a scanner or a digital camera and a steady hand. 

10 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

You need to be able to get the raster artwork into the program one way or another and then trace it (vectorize). Whether you use a flatbed scanner or have clients email you their artwork depends on what works for you. But if you have physical artwork you wish to copy and trace for cutting you will need a scanner or a digital camera and a steady hand. 

Digital cameras are hard to hold still enough to get a good sharp photo of artwork.

If you don't want to buy a scanner, check out a local print/copy shop.  

Many of the more expensive laser printer/copiers we use can scan to flash drive.

Even our HP 8600 inkjet office printer has the ability to scan to a flash drive as

PDF or JPG in various resolutions....might be all you need.

Sue2

22 hours ago, action said:

I have a titan  15 in plotter with basic vinyl master program.....I was told I cannot scan to this program.. without upgrading.....but, I was told I can scan to  windows like, Paint, and export the scanned product to the vinyl master program, manipulate the text there and send to the plotter..... I do not have a scanner and do not want to buy one if this will not work.....Has anybody done this

The BASIC VINYL MASTER program will not scan... according to tech support unless I upgrade.....I have to indirectly get the art work into the computer via another program then export to vinyl master...any ideas what other programs I can use in windows 7

What exactly are you meaning when you say "scan"? If you truly mean scan, you need hardware, software alone doesn't scan.

Action ---  the VM Basic indeed has the function to import from a dedicated scanner (or three-in-one printer) attached to the computer via USB.

IMAGES menu - Aquire (sic) Image  (the spelling of Acquire is wrong, but the feature is there)

The information you got from tech support is incorrect, and if you talk to them again, tell those guys that it works just fine, and to at least fix their spelling mistake!

thank you slice and dice, i will check that out, my old system  gerber worked the same way...scan  artwork and acquire image and there it was to work with.  I found the tech people have given me more than once wrong info

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.