Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

Finally upgraded

Well finally bit the bullet and upgraded cutter. Ran my SC for right about 5 years but now that Im doing my business full time I decided it was time to step up. Bought myself a Graphtec CE6000-120 (its a damn  monster). Still getting it all set up and running but trying to decide what cutting program to use. I use CorelDraw x7 for my design work. I have SCALP 4.0, Flexistarter 10, signblazer and of course Cutting master 3. Ive had the best success with SCALP with my SC which is why I upgraded to 4.0. But thinking now that I have a higher end cutter it may not suffice any more. Flexistarter had memory issues with the SC. High detail wouldnt cut all the way in flexi that would in SCALP. But I dont see that being an issue any more.

What are some of the pro suggestions? Pros vs cons?

I have been using Flexistarter since I started,  The memory issues were probably with the cutter it's self..( SC)..  There are no memory issues with a Graphtec.   I cut very highly detailed items.  We have 2 other Graphtecs with Flexistarter 10 also..They can cut anything. .  Congrats on your purchase.  

I have been using Flexistarter since I started,  The memory issues were probably with the cutter it's self..( SC)..  There are no memory issues with a Graphtec.   I cut very highly detailed items.  We have 2 other Graphtecs with Flexistarter 10 also..They can cut anything. .  Congrats on your purchase.  

Yeah thats what i was referring to, the SC having memory issues with the way Flexi sent data. It would cut the file through SCALP but not Flexi. But not a problem now YAY lol

I'd much rather cut from Flexi than anything, a heck of a lot faster than any of the cutmaster programs

• Like 1

I'll put a vote in for Flexi also. I've been using it and really like it. 

• Like 1

1 thing Ive noticed is my cutter dont have the ribbed front to help line up the vinyl. Im wondering if mine is missing or the 120 doesnt come with it. Anyone with a CE6000-120 that can chime in? All the training videos show it but also only show the -60 I believe.

The Graphtecs are so accurate at tracking, I have never lined my vinyl up to anything.  Put your vinyl in and make sure the pinch rollers are the same distance from the edge of the vinyl. Put the pinch rollers down, and make sure the vinyl roll is tight,  Pre feed and and cut.. It's too easy.  The roller marks in the vinyl help guide it while cutting. It's not going to be like the value cutters.. Less fuss, and more cutting. 

• Like 1

Monkey- you will be ruined for life now - going back to anything else you will feel like you are being tortured after owning that new cutter!

• Like 2

lol yeah im getting to see that. Im picking up an enclosed trailer from a buddy that has air in it. So taking my old computer and SC and going to take that to the outside events i set up at to be able to custom cut on site. Seems always a color wanted I havent cut yet or just a "hey can you do this" situation at those. Just need to figure out a generator for when I cant get power supplied. Want a quiet generator .

lol yeah im getting to see that. Im picking up an enclosed trailer from a buddy that has air in it. So taking my old computer and SC and going to take that to the outside events i set up at to be able to custom cut on site. Seems always a color wanted I havent cut yet or just a "hey can you do this" situation at those. Just need to figure out a generator for when I cant get power supplied. Want a quiet generator .
i think the Honda gens are the quietest I have seen
  • Like 1