Sign in to follow this  
jdmarti1

First Mugs

We were all over the place with time and temp. Just messing around. Most of those were 350 at 60 to 120 seconds in the press. What I have quickly learned is that time and temp don't mean as much as pressure.

:thumbsup:  That looks great, if you don't mind what was your time and temperature, I am getting there but not that nice

We went as high as 400 and as low as 350.  Time was from 60 secs to 4 mins.  It seemed when we went high and hot the images would ghost, and appear like there were two paws etc.  We settled down to 350 and 120-180 and it seems to have quit.  I have this press:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/50066-new-mug-press/

In some ways I wish I didn't have it.  It seems that setting the pressure is not easy, and just not really able to get what I would call enough.  It's close I suppose.  It just doesn't have a lot of play in the only way I can find to adjust it.  The pneumatic adjustment is just for the speed opening and closing.  All of the videos I watched in Chinese on this one were using 180C and 180 seconds.  That is where we are going to try next.

Correct it is a manual adjust for pressure, if you are doing 11oz it shouldn't need too much more than factory.

The + - buttons pushed together switch you from Celsius to fahrenheit

You are correct, I just wanted a bit more pressure than was available.

I think I went a 1/4 turn to get perfect on mine.